Another Lake Huron Fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jared0425

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sad news for us lake divers. It is my understanding that they were doing the Euturia which is in 310ft of water and was diving a CCR at the time.

PRESQUE ISLE COUNTY MI- According to the Presque Isle County Sheriffs Department, Erik Foreman 47 of Shoreline Washington was diving with five other divers on Lake Huron when he experienced trouble resurfacing. On Monday August 1st at approx 10 AM PI county central dispatch received a 911 call reporting the accident out on Lake Huron east of PI harbor in 300ft of water. The other divers who were with Foreman tried to help him when they noticed he was in trouble.

Tis accident remains under investigation. An Autospy is scheduled for Tuesday August 2nd. Deputies were assisted by the US Coast Guard, Michigan State Police, and Rogers City EMS.

I spent some time on Lake Superior with Erik four years ago, and knew him through mutual friends involved in his Lake Union explorations. We did a couple radio shows together. I used to love listening to him talk about his dives after checking out a new-to-him wreck. Erik was one of those guys who really got into the history of a wreck, and it was like he was recounting a visit with an old friend.

The dude had way too much life yet to live to be reading about him in here ... kind've a reminder to treasure our days, because you never know when they'll be over ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sad, just got the call from my friend.. He was in great company on these wrecks mel clark ... Erik was a great guy, and a well accomplished rebreather diver.. Sad news

I just heard about this today. Erik was a great guy and diving buddy and very funny as well. Sorry to hear about this.

Only met him twice, seemed like a hell of a guy.

Hello SB Community,

I live and work overseas in Thailand. A friend of mine and a colleague mentioned that a friend of hers had passed away while diving on Lake Huron last week. Here is an article that references his passing. Is there anyone out there more local that has more information on his accident? It is hard to find things out from over here.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom