Another great week at The Blue Angel Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was so fun meeting you, too! Wow, you got right on the equipment purchases....way to go. You'll really love having your own computer and reg...it'll make a lot of difference. Come back to Coz in April or November and we can dive together again AND eat great food at O'Hana's!

I had a great time meeting you all as well! And I LOVED Blue Angel. (Thanks to SB in general for all the raves there.)

I really hope that I run into some of you again and get to hang out there. What a great place (and a great time)! And, of course, the company was great, too!

Perfect place to have our open water referral dives and finish up our certification with Matteo. And I loved diving with DM Norman all week. So many great dive sites, so little time!

The best two diving moments of the week:

1. When Mateo shook my hand underwater when I finished the last required skill for my OWC.
2. In the last moments of the last dive before leaving, Norman excitedly pointing and everyone turning to see a giant spotted eagle ray coming into view. More than 2 meters across. Simply majestic! (and an amazing end to a wonderful week)

So I'm going to the BA resort January 23rd to the 30th!
What can I expect the water temperature to be.
Also can I get some tips and pointers that may make my stay more enjoyable, i.e. where to eat, where can I get fresh fruit to store in the room. Patios for hanging out. Is there a gym nearby. How long of a walk is it to the town. Transportation to the resort from the airport.
Lots of newbie questions.

Thank you in advance.

Consider getting the Cozumel map from

www.cancunmap.com

Good for newbies and oldbies.

So I'm going to the BA resort January 23rd to the 30th!
What can I expect the water temperature to be.
Also can I get some tips and pointers that may make my stay more enjoyable, i.e. where to eat, where can I get fresh fruit to store in the room. Patios for hanging out. Is there a gym nearby. How long of a walk is it to the town. Transportation to the resort from the airport.
Lots of newbie questions.

Thank you in advance.

Hi in too deep:

First of all, you'll love The Blue Angel and all of the staff. They make you feel like part of the family. As far as water temp, I think there's a "sticky" on the forum that can give you the temp info. I've not been there in January, so I don't want to speculate. Where to eat: the restaurant at the BA is great! You don't have to go far to get good food. And if you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask...they'll usually be able to fix what you want. I like oatmeal in the morning and it's not on the menu. I ask...they serve a great bowl of oatmeal! There are many good restaurants in town. On this forum, Christi has a list of favorite restaurants. Take a look at it. A couple places we really like are Ronaldi's (about 15 minute walk from BA) and O'Hana's (about 30 minute walk from BA). O'Hana's is owned by BA instructor Mateo and his wife. The food is excellent! Don't miss out on eating there at least one time during your stay. You can get fresh fruit at Mega and Cheruai (sp?) which are huge stores about a 15 minute walk from the BA. The BA has a very nice open-air lobby for hanging out; people hang out in the restaurant...especially in the evening when they have live entertainment by a gentleman who plays the guitar....muy bueno!!; and each room has its own balcony (ground floor rooms have more like a patio). People also hang out around the pool in the lounge chairs. Don't know about a gym....I get enough exercise schlepping my gear up and down three flights of steps every day as well as walking into town daily....about a 30 minute walk. To get to the resort you need to buy a ticket at the airport. Once you clear Customs, walk out the door and you'll see a counter where you purchase a ticket to get on a van to take you to the BA. Ignore the timeshare hawkers and plow through to the counter. Once a van is full, off you go to the BA. We always take a taxi back to the airport for our departure.

You'll have a wonderful time at The Blue Angel. You biggest concern will be----how soon can I come back!

Happy diving!

Is there a gym nearby. How long of a walk is it to the town.
There is a great gym called Ego on 11th just one block off Melgar which is where I go. It's a fair 20 minute hike from Blue Angel but what the heck, you are trying to be fit, right? You could jog up and back. They have daily, weekly rates etc. It is very clean and has up to date equipment. Fees are reasonable.

Hi in too deep:

First of all, you'll love The Blue Angel and all of the staff. They make you feel like part of the family. As far as water temp, I think there's a "sticky" on the forum that can give you the temp info. I've not been there in January, so I don't want to speculate. Where to eat: the restaurant at the BA is great! You don't have to go far to get good food. And if you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask...they'll usually be able to fix what you want. I like oatmeal in the morning and it's not on the menu. I ask...they serve a great bowl of oatmeal! There are many good restaurants in town. On this forum, Christi has a list of favorite restaurants. Take a look at it. A couple places we really like are Ronaldi's (about 15 minute walk from BA) and O'Hana's (about 30 minute walk from BA). O'Hana's is owned by BA instructor Mateo and his wife. The food is excellent! Don't miss out on eating there at least one time during your stay. You can get fresh fruit at Mega and Cheruai (sp?) which are huge stores about a 15 minute walk from the BA. The BA has a very nice open-air lobby for hanging out; people hang out in the restaurant...especially in the evening when they have live entertainment by a gentleman who plays the guitar....muy bueno!!; and each room has its own balcony (ground floor rooms have more like a patio). People also hang out around the pool in the lounge chairs. Don't know about a gym....I get enough exercise schlepping my gear up and down three flights of steps every day as well as walking into town daily....about a 30 minute walk. To get to the resort you need to buy a ticket at the airport. Once you clear Customs, walk out the door and you'll see a counter where you purchase a ticket to get on a van to take you to the BA. Ignore the timeshare hawkers and plow through to the counter. Once a van is full, off you go to the BA. We always take a taxi back to the airport for our departure.

You'll have a wonderful time at The Blue Angel. You biggest concern will be----how soon can I come back!

Happy diving!

There is a great gym called Ego on 11th just one block off Melgar which is where I go. It's a fair 20 minute hike from Blue Angel but what the heck, you are trying to be fit, right? You could jog up and back. They have daily, weekly rates etc. It is very clean and has up to date equipment. Fees are reasonable.

Thank you both for the great information.

Back
Top Bottom