Another Eagles Nest fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah on facebook the guy that posted the most info said the dead diver was hypoxic and cavern trained
...and the others?

I have heard a mix and I have heard that the rest were all cave trained..who knows?

I have heard a mix and I have heard that the rest were all cave trained..who knows?
In which case, I suggest we all avoid speculations based on the "who knows" part of the information. I'm sure that information will become known in time since everyone's name is known. Let's wait until we know.

I have been told he was only certified as a OW diver 18 months ago..18 fing months from OW to dead in a cave on CCR with a scooter. WTF..was there any adults in the instruction room????

I'm angry as hell right now

CDF has posted his social media messages saying he was trained in Eagles Nest on his rebreather by Eric Zimmerman at EZ Scuba Diving. And other people have said they have reported EZ Scuba to their agency for this insanity starting 10 years ago and the agency doesn't care.

CDF has posted his social media messages saying he was trained in Eagles Nest on his rebreather by Eric Zimmerman at EZ Scuba Diving. And other people have said they have reported EZ Scuba to their agency for this insanity starting 10 years ago and the agency doesn't care.
SMH why..just freaking why???

I have been told he was only certified as a OW diver 18 months ago..18 fing months from OW to dead in a cave on CCR with a scooter. WTF..was there any adults in the instruction room????

After 18 months he should have still been doing just single tank, pretty fishies dives.

Someone needs to be kicked in the nuts for leading this guy to the point he thought that he belonged in a cave with that gear.

word on the street was taught his ccr Trimix less than a year post OW cert..at EN

I really am disgusted and and angry now

After 18 months he should have still been doing just single tank, pretty fishies dives.

Someone needs to be kicked in the nuts for leading this guy to the point he thought that he belonged in a cave with that gear.

i'll beg to differ about single tank pretty fishy dives, and even about being cavern/intro certed, and even about being on a breather, but not about full trimix, and definitely not about diving a rebreather in that cave.... My opinion on whether or not that dive should require a full cave cert or not being relevant...

@cerich you mentioned a DPV, where did that come up? Didn't see it in anything yet

Back
Top Bottom