Another Eagles Nest fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting they are treating as a crime scene... Is this standard procedure?

I believe it is. There are very specific procedures for recovery from a cave.

Well we all know the media is a 100% accurate. I suspect they blocked access to keep on lookers out and the reported had to make the story sound better.

Yes, until it's ruled an accident

In NJ - if you die in a car accident or a scuba accident - as far as I know it is not ruled a crime scene unless the police determine it is suspicious...

Is this a FL thing?

It is always a crime scene until the police determine it is NOT suspicious, which could be right away if it is obvious or take days, weeks or months if it is not obvious.

Is this a FL thing?

Remember " It's the Media reporting" They just see yellow tape and start reporting.

It's a police investigation. Only the Medical Examiner can rule the final cause of death (drowning) and contributing circumstances ( OOA, bad gas, cardiac, medical, etc)

Wondering how the witness call came in, it's freezing cold down here today. Not many folks are just going for a swim today, let alone get wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom