Another dangerous regulator off the streets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iknee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a question for the usual suspects about the main differences between the MK2 and MK3. I picked up what I believe to be an MK3 at an estate sale today. I was hoping to find an MKV, but when I saw this reg I couldn't live with myself knowing that if I left it, someone could hurt or kill themselves with it. I wanted to make sure first that it is an MK3. It has 1 HP and 2 LP ports. I have attached a mugshot for identification. Are there any other o-rings I need to have besides the ones for my MKV's? Where is the O-ring sticky?

Attachments

• IMG_20110115_103853.jpg
    IMG_20110115_103853.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 218
Yes, it looks like an old configuration Mk3. That configuration had a flat filter and the female connection on the yoke retain and the male connection on the body. It has a smaller piston than a Mk2 and uses (i believe) a 2-019 piston head o-ring. Good find. I have been looking for one of those to use as a pony reg. If you decide you would rather have a Mk5 (or Mk10) let me know and we can work out a trade.

awap, send me your address in a pm and I will send it to you. I prefer MK5's only because I do not want to add another different reg to my collection that I have to service. Take a look at it and then give me some options with what you have. It appears to be in good condition. I haven't had time to taken a look inside it, so I'll save that for you.

Thanks for that link, brother Zung. I had not seen that website before.

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom