Anilao-Tingloy Volunteer Buoys (VB) - DOR VB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry but what is a DOR event?

If the group is also interested later on, I have other projects of which I am working on with the NGO's and the LGU of Mabini. Ok first the bouys. I hope that we can get the funding sorted out soon so we can start the ball rolling.

Dive O Rama. It's the diving event we have been holding monthly.

And we would be happy to put down some buoys on our next one. :)

Plus I'm (and the rest who have responded) game to place buoys anytime before the next DOR event!

i have a large lifting balloon that can handle a load of more than 200lbs lift.

we have used it several times already. though everytime we use this, it needs an airtank of its own so as not to deplete the airsupply of the diver deploying this HUGE lift balloon.

Joel, am just curious, what is happening to the dive pass collections of both municipalities? They collect and I would suppose it is incumbent upon them to fund some if not all the bouys in the Mabini and Tingloy areas. Beatrice has been without a single bouy for the past 2 months now. Bahura-Layag2 almost 6.

solanabezo:
Sorry but what is a DOR event?

If the group is also interested later on, I have other projects of which I am working on with the NGO's and the LGU of Mabini. Ok first the bouys. I hope that we can get the funding sorted out soon so we can start the ball rolling.

yes id like to help with other projects as well. ive been waiting for an oppurtunity like this. to dive and to give back to the community as well. there are others as well who share my views and love of the oceans.

paolov:
Calling for Volunteers for ANilao - TIngloy Buoys Deployment

Where all divers benefit a PPD Event

ako i wana join! :)

u call, i haul!

this is something i really want to do...

All the users fee of P100 is divided between Tingloy and Mabini. Tingloy, as of September is P80,000+. I am sure this has increased to about P100,000+. This is where we get the funding for the materials for the bouys. There will be a CRM board meeting next week in Tingloy and I can present the bouy deployment to them.

The CRM board of Mabini pays the boat association in Mabini P10,000.00 per month to manage the bouys in Mabini. If any bouys in Mabini is missing, the boat association pays P100 per day that bouy is not in its position. I posted the bouys in Diversions and Maniladivepros so that missing bouys can be reported and we can have them replaced ASAP. In Tingloy, there is still no such program of monitoring and maintenance and that is why I think they are not so eager to put up the bouys yet. There has to be someone watching the bouys because there was a time when all of the areas I mentioned had bouys and now they are all gone. I saw the cable of one of the bouys in Beatrice and it was cut off clean with a saw.

I am grateful to all who have volunteered. There are still a lot of things we can do to help our environment. Even in our homes. Real easy.

i'd like to see them patrol the areas at night where them fisherfolk saw them buoys off so their nets wouldnt get caught in them buoys.......

can the areas be declared sactuaries with signs floating with them buoys?

paolov:
Calling for Volunteers for ANilao - TIngloy Buoys Deployment

Where all divers benefit a PPD Event

of course, i'm in :) but i think i'm going to be a better help over water than under, though... :)

Spoon:
yes id like to help with other projects as well. ive been waiting for an oppurtunity like this. to dive and to give back to the community as well. there are others as well who share my views and love of the oceans.

same here, i've always wondered how i can be of help...not just by donating to some box at malls... we are very fortunate to be able to dive the "great" anilao-tingloy area, its upon us to help preserve it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom