Anilao-Tingloy Volunteer Buoys (VB) - DOR VB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be requesting divers to assist in the placing of the sinkers or anchorage for the bouys as well as tying the bouys to the sinkers.

Hopefully, we can get the budget soon so we can start. But what I plan is if Tingloy cannot have the budget ready is to start placing the anchorage and use private funding. I feel that we need quick solutions for this as every anchor dropped into coral beds just hastens the desctruction of our reefs.

Joel

solanabezo:
We will be requesting divers to assist in the placing of the sinkers or anchorage for the bouys as well as tying the bouys to the sinkers.

Hopefully, we can get the budget soon so we can start. But what I plan is if Tingloy cannot have the budget ready is to start placing the anchorage and use private funding. I feel that we need quick solutions for this as every anchor dropped into coral beds just hastens the desctruction of our reefs.

Joel
hi solanabezo, welcome to the PPD!

if you ever need any help, I'll offer my manpower free of charge (I'm sure you get a lot of people saying this but seriously, I'm game).

One place I'd like to see a buoy is devil's point.

I made the suggested sites for bouys deployment and also included the substrate composition and as well as the depth. Sorry I did not include Devil's Point but I shall try to include it. I am sure it is not too late.

Here are the areas: (I have the number of bouys to be placed in a specific area in another computer so I might be mistaken in the number):

1. Caban Cover 4
2. Kirby's 2
3. Layag 2
4. Area near Dari Laut side 6
5. Bahura Kanto 2
6. Larry's 2
7. Batok 6
8. Beatrice 4
9. Sepok Wall 4
10. Eagle Point Sepok 6

Should you have suggestions where we can put up the bouys, I would greatly appreciate your inputs and thank you very much for volunteering to install the bouys. I think we will need a lot of divers and resort association will giving the tanks with air for free to those who will help as well as the boats to be used.

Joel

chip104:

if you ever need any help, I'll offer my manpower free of charge (I'm sure you get a lot of people saying this but seriously, I'm game).

i agree with chip... i'm in.

chip104:

count me in!

Jag

now those are serious volunteers without taint of selfishness !!!! lets make it a PPD DOR EVENT !!!!

for beatrice can we install two of them, one on the northern tip one on the southern tip?

oh and i think some serious poles needs to be set up to the east of Koala (inbetween koala and arthurs) on the weekdays theres some serious muro-ami being done there.

basta me aksyon....sali 'ko :)

paolov:
now those are serious volunteers without taint of selfishness !!!! lets make it a PPD DOR EVENT !!!!

for beatrice can we install two of them, one on the northern tip one on the southern tip?

oh and i think some serious poles needs to be set up to the east of Koala (inbetween koala and arthurs) on the weekdays theres some serious muro-ami being done there.

Hi Joel,

What are the dimensions of the planned anchors ...?

eric

solanabezo:

Joel

paolov:

Pao, I love this idea. Let's see if it's possible to coordinate with bezo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom