Anilao Dive Rates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok. Gotcha. I get it now... Most Anilao resorts would rather have Manila divers who dive on weekends only... While the rest of the country prefer to have foreign guests (on top of local divers) who are willing to pay more and who come and dive weekends and weekdays as well. There must be a way for Anilao resorts to merge the two target markets. Hmmmmmmmmm..... maybe Anilao resorts know something that I don't or cannot understand. Then again.... what does it matter to me... as far as I am concerned I am enjoying the low cost of diving in Anilao.

i do not think Anilao Resorts "would rather have...", i do not think that it is a matter of preference. i would like to believe it was the divers who dove there and continuously dive there that created its niche: local divers. and for obvious reasons: its close proximity to Manila - Manila being the city with the highest average pay among other cities in the archipelago (thus: more people are able to afford to dive compared to say, a province in Negros), the accessibility of the place for day trips, the abundance of locally-run resorts, and the list goes on.

you got to look at it this way, it is just not the dive rates that matters. yeah sure, Alona Dive Shops charges Php1100/dive to Balicasag (which is a good 30-minute ride, whether or not you go to the resort alone or with a group). but the cost of getting to Bohol is quite more than the cost of getting to Anilao.

and dive resorts in Bohol or Davao or Dumaguete or Cebu or Southern Leyte and the rest of those you-cannot-just-drag-a-four-wheel-vehicle-to-get-you-there diving destinations recognize this. i am sure they would love as hell to charge a group rate- considering that running a dive operation has far greater fixed cost that variable ones and group rate can address their margin gap faster than individual rates. but they cannot do that because that means drawing away a heap number of customers- it is particularly hard to get more people to travel and spend heaps on transportation costs than it is to tell them "i have a van, let's go dive anilao!". you gotta admit, in this country, there are more certified local divers in metro manila than anywhere else.

no, i do not think anilao do not want more business... a group rate arrangement for a dive destination so accessible from Manila is the optimal way of earning from such business. as individual rates for the rest of the dive operations in the country is.

and remember, in anilao, most resorts contracts with local residents for the boat rental- unlike other places where the dive resorts and dive shops have their own. the boat rental- (jag, kuya caloi, kuya jon- correct me if im wrong) goes straight to the people who runs the boat...the resort does not take a % from it. it would be very tricky to do a costing in this scenario.

it is all just basic math.

i do not think Anilao Resorts "would rather have...", i do not think that it is a matter of preference. i would like to believe it was the divers who dove there and continuously dive there that created its niche: local divers. and for obvious reasons: its close proximity to Manila - Manila being the city with the highest average pay among other cities in the archipelago (thus: more people are able to afford to dive compared to say, a province in Negros), the accessibility of the place for day trips, the abundance of locally-run resorts, and the list goes on.

you got to look at it this way, it is just not the dive rates that matters. yeah sure, Alona Dive Shops charges Php1100/dive to Balicasag (which is a good 30-minute ride, whether or not you go to the resort alone or with a group). but the cost of getting to Bohol is quite more than the cost of getting to Anilao.

and dive resorts in Bohol or Davao or Dumaguete or Cebu or Southern Leyte and the rest of those you-cannot-just-drag-a-four-wheel-vehicle-to-get-you-there diving destinations recognize this. i am sure they would love as hell to charge a group rate- considering that running a dive operation has far greater fixed cost that variable ones and group rate can address their margin gap faster than individual rates. but they cannot do that because that means drawing away a heap number of customers- it is particularly hard to get more people to travel and spend heaps on transportation costs than it is to tell them "i have a van, let's go dive anilao!". you gotta admit, in this country, there are more certified local divers in metro manila than anywhere else.

no, i do not think anilao do not want more business... a group rate arrangement for a dive destination so accessible from Manila is the optimal way of earning from such business. as individual rates for the rest of the dive operations in the country is.

and remember, in anilao, most resorts contracts with local residents for the boat rental- unlike other places where the dive resorts and dive shops have their own. the boat rental- (jag, kuya caloi, kuya jon- correct me if im wrong) goes straight to the people who runs the boat...the resort does not take a % from it. it would be very tricky to do a costing in this scenario.

it is all just basic math.

I really have to beg to disagree with most of your points. I don't think you understand. I would also argue with you my points...... but it is so early in the morning and I feel it will be pointless eitherway...... so I will let this one go.

Ok. I give in. Anilao has discovered the optimal way to do business. Anilao business procedures are bringing in the most tourists.

Peace to everyone!!!!! And dive safely!!!!!

Sorry to butt in late but I'm glad somebody brought this up. I am a local diver but I am one of those who travel around (and dive) solo and Anilao pricing is confusing not to mention expensive for solo travelers that are not keen on joining large groups - the less fins underwater, the better heheh).
Just adding in my sentiments and not trying to stir up more trouble.

Sorry to butt in late but I'm glad somebody brought this up. I am a local diver but I am one of those who travel around (and dive) solo and Anilao pricing is confusing not to mention expensive for solo travelers that are not keen on joining large groups - the less fins underwater, the better heheh).
Just adding in my sentiments and not trying to stir up more trouble.

To late!!! :rofl3: Actually it's been a more or less friendly discussion :wink:

"more or less" :rofl3:

:peace: hanna

Jag

Jag......... :blahblah:

Just kidding. :d

Finally!!!!! The sun is out!!!! Dive time..... whether fixed rate or variable rate!!!!! Who cares!!!!!!!

Zorayah..... I totally understand your sentiments.... this is the same problem of most tourists. I really feel Anilao is very local friendly but not as friendly to tourists. Enough of this. No use arguing about this.

Anyway.... like I said earlier......The Sun is out! Dive time!

I know i am going to make alive a 6 year old thread...

But the situation still persist.If you want to dive alone you pay much because of the boat and DM fee's.

I am looking for buddies who want to make day trips in weekdays.So that we can share the Manila-Anilao transfer(I'll provide my vehicle, gas and freeway toll will be shared ), boat and dive master' fees.

Please feel free to contact me if you plan to go diving in weekdays.So we can go and dive as much as possible...

thanks.

When I was considering a trip to Anilao last year, one of the things that concerned me was that some resorts could not guarantee that their boats would go out unless I paid the full "charter" fee. That could have made it a very expensive dive trip. I chose Club Ocellaris because they guaranteed their boats would go out (and did). It may have been a bit pricier than some, but I knew I would be diving every day and their service was great.

Back
Top Bottom