Angled DIN Valve - Can't get fills !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chefchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Since the nearest Dive Shop is 2 hours away I have to get fills at a fire dept supply store. I have an 80 AL w/ an angled DIN valve and they say they can't wrap their adapter around it to fill it. Is there anything I can do or purchase so I don't have to make a 4 hour drive to dive a catfish pond? :11:

The 2 that do it easy suggested are the same ones we used to use at my LDS for DIN tanks before we added a DIN whip.

it seems i can't purchase from that site. any ideas on where I can get one?

and will these work on a valve if it's slightly angled?

thanks alot.

It's from the Trident catalog, so most scuba shops should be able to order it for you. XS Scuba also offers an adapter AC375.

You could also contact some of the retailers on SB. I have little experience with angled valves, but if it's a DIN valve, it should work. Actually, I own an angled valve, but I've never screwed anything into it?

I could look up the price tomorrow for you if your interested? I dont have any in stock and cant remember the price of hand....Unlike some people think I dont sleep at the shop :wink:

Yes they work just fine on the angled valve. My instructor has been using Genesis HP tanks with the angled back valves for over 10 years now, and that's how he filled them until he got a DIN whip on his compressor last summer.

All our whips in the shop and on the boat are yoke and we use a 101 style fill adaptor that works on straight or angled DIN valves. By the way, I'm not a big fan of the angled DIN valves... higher probability of water in the valve.

drbill:
By the way, I'm not a big fan of the angled DIN valves... higher probability of water in the valve.

well, it's too late for that. should i just pound on it with a hammer and straighten that sucker out? :eyebrow: *

I really appreciate all the help guys.

*btw, that was a joke and not to be taken as a smart *** remark. just wanted to clear that up, i know you guys don't know me.

Back
Top Bottom