Angled DIN Valve - Can't get fills !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well my dive shop ended up getting an adapter from the dive shop that just closed recently so I finally got my tank filled today! I've had the tank almost a month and have been calling and running around since trying to get the dang thing filled. I've never been so excited to get in a pool. I am, however, still going to purchase an adapter for myself. I appreciate all your help.

roakey:
I'd steer away form the brass ones. Because they're one piece, sometimes they tighten down in such a position you can't get the fill whip on them. Leads you to playing all sorts of games like "how loose can I make this without blowing the O ring?" :)
True, you need to turn it so you can get the whip on it, but from what I've seen they end up face up or face down... if it's wrong, unscrew and try again. Like I said, several local shops and local boats use them for all DIN fills, so if there was a huge problem with them, I'd have heard about it.

The nicer ones are definitely nicer, and would be my normal preference. It's not a money thing, it's a storage space thing. And it's not likely to see much use anyway, since every local place I go already has them... it's a "just in case" save-a-dive thing.

CompuDude:
The nicer ones are definitely nicer,
And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.:D

Sideband:
And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.:D
Step away from the keyboard and quit pumping the nitrous oxide through the compressor! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom