And I thought norcal water was cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deltaVPR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had to go back to school...luckily I dont have to stop diving. Everything is just white.

-Devin

Attachments

• 100_0223.jpg
    100_0223.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_0226.jpg
    100_0226.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Today was actually pretty good...Not to much for large animal life during the winter but some big lobsters under rocks and a lot of colors. Lots of small stuff but you really have to poke around in cracks to find them.

Had a good 30-40 foot vis today despite the surge even in about 10-15 feet of water. Awesome thing about rocky bottoms. Outside temp 32, water temp 36, dive time 40 min..probably should have worn a bit more undergarments and would have gotten a bit more time.

Yea, brrrr!

Wow, its 69 (21c) in the water here and we think its cold!!!! Any pics underwater?

yeah take some pics the coldest water i have been in was high 40s in La Jolla down at 50 ft and i didn't have a drysuit so i was freezing that was during my last cert dive

I didnt get much deeper than 30 feet..but I guess thermoclines can only lower the water temp so much.

Unfortunatley I opted not to bring the UW camera today as it was my frist dive in water this cold, first dive with the dry gloves, first dive with the new buddy(equally as nuts as me)..and well honestly the batteries werent charged. I will be sure to bring it next time though. The bottom is quite different from monterey, large granite rocks, lots of large cracks and tunnels. I wont make it out tomorrow.. its getting down to 9 degrees outside tonight. Maybe next weekend.

I'd love to see some pics from there as well. I'm originally from the Boston area but have never been diving there. Where did you dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom