Anacapa plane wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
From California Diving News (October 2001):

Anacapa Plane Wreck
On a calm day, with NO currents, divers may be lucky enough to experience a very special dive off Anacapa Island. Located in 110 feet of water, we hear of a four-engine plane from the 1940s. The wreck is located 1/2 mile off the east end of Anacapa Island which is usually bathed by strong currents. If you find it, let us know!
Anyone ever heard of a four-engine plane wreck in the Channel Islands? Guessing it might be a B17 or B29.

Has anyone dived the Grumman Avenger? I've seen some photos of it and it looks remarkably intact.

crickets...

Maptech MapServer Online Maps

I used this link to check the location of a few hits I got off that search engine. I think I will have me a little exploration to do. The P-38, according to the nautical version of the map, lies in approx 200+ depth off the SE tip of Catalina Island, almost straight out from Church rock. Too bad, I would love to check that one out. I bet it is in pretty good condition.

Here is a link to some info about the AF-2W Guardian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom