An interesting fact about lead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AND for 14.95 you can now ship 70 lbs anywhere in the conus thanks to the USPS :D

When I taught evolution decades ago in high school, one of the critical pieces of the puzzle from my perspective was the generation of elements heavier than helium through nucleosynthesis in the interior of stars. There was a great article back in the 70s about this entitled "Proving we are the stuff of which stars are made" (see my newspaper column on the subject). Our bodies are made up of elements like carbon, oxygen and nitrogen that were also created in stars.

When I taught evolution decades ago in high school, one of the critical pieces of the puzzle from my perspective was the generation of elements heavier than helium through nucleosynthesis in the interior of stars. There was a great article back in the 70s about this entitled "Proving we are the stuff of which stars are made" (see my newspaper column on the subject). Our bodies are made up of elements like carbon, oxygen and nitrogen that were also created in stars.

Yes, however many nowadays have no concept or understanding of science let alone distinguish between concepts of "evolution" (fact) and "evolution theory" (scientific theory describing evolution).

My initial answer was very sarcastic as I unfortunately live in an area where many actually think all things around us are only few thousand years old (because the Bible says so).

I knew I was a star!:D

Thank you for reminding me of this wonderful fact :)

BTW ... of the fundamental particles that make up the universe only an infinitesimal change of any of them, would result in a universe that would be uninhabitable ... we sure were lucky huh :wink:

BTW ... of the fundamental particles that make up the universe only an infinitesimal change of any of them, would result in a universe that would be uninhabitable ... we sure were lucky huh :wink:

Only to the life we know. It doesn't mean other type of life wouldn't evolve.

For a long time we thought oxygen is required for life but we now know that is not true.

Thank you for reminding me of this wonderful fact :)

That's know as, "the conceit of hindsight."

actually, I thought the changes were more fundamental than that .. It's as if the universe were "designed for life" ... I wish I could find that article again

Back
Top Bottom