An Inconvenient Truth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He's taken very seriously by all but a rather small minority. That's why he got a Nobel prize. :wink:

Arafat was in that minority, kind of shameful

He's taken very seriously by all but a rather small minority.
Your statement reminds me of the anecdote about the liberal claiming it was impossible that Bush was elected:

"I don't know anybody that voted for him!"

You really need to get out more. You might be amazed how many do not share your world view.

Yes, count me in as one who takes him seriously.

A serious nutcake.

Love that private jet he leases to put on his dog and pony show!!
DRUDGE REPORT FLASH 2007®
Like I said....a minority.

The film is excellent - it won an Oscar.
The man won a Nobel prize.

Simple.

Your statement reminds me of the anecdote about the liberal claiming it was impossible that Bush was elected:

You really need to get out more. You might be amazed how many do not share your world view.
Actually......that's exactly what I have.....a world view. The US is split roughly 50/50. The rest of the world thinks Al Gore is Ok in the main.

Even Bush agrees with the science in the film now.

ooh thats hurts:rofl3:

I am a scientist (physicist), so do I get to speak?
just joking.

Earth getting warmer: obvious

however, the cause for the effect, the exact correlation between CO2 and temperature, the long term effects, etc, are suspect.

Obviously the climate is changing; it has changed before; it will change again. We have just emerged from a mini-ice age, just being a few hundred years ago, which is nothing on these time scales.

Al Gore obviously does not practice what he preaches. Does he deserve a Nobel prize? As said, does many of the people earning a peace prize "deserve" them. The peace prize is a political prize, not an accomplishment prize. It's not like he established the theory of quantum electrodynamics.

Back
Top Bottom