An end to my diving career

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's ok, Jenny was just the first to ask what, I'm sure, many others were thinking (I know I would have been).

At first, I thought selling my gear might be the silver lining. I could take all that cash and go somewhere nice or drink it and forget my woes. Then I realized that my dive buddy, my 15 y/o son, is the same size as me and so he's going to inherit some gear; a new air-integrated computer, a practically brand new (20 dives) custom made Santi drysuit, extra reg set, etc., etc. Any left over stuff will be "donated" to my local dive buddies in need of replacement gear or somewhere else worthy.

Soo.. What kind of gear ya got for sale??? :D :D :D

It's ok, Jenny was just the first to ask what, I'm sure, many others were thinking (I know I would have been).
That was classy, and I'm sure Jenny was kidding (maybe the three smilies tipped me off). Good luck B-Boy. I get the same sense of tranquility from sailing as I do diving. It's a distant second choice for me, but I'd pursue it more avidly if I couldn't dive.

Thanks Vladimir.

I'm with ya there - I love sailing too and it's absolutely on the list for my wife and I in the future.

That was classy, and I'm sure Jenny was kidding (maybe the three smilies tipped me off). Good luck B-Boy. I get the same sense of tranquility from sailing as I do diving. It's a distant second choice for me, but I'd pursue it more avidly if I couldn't dive.

Todd, I haven't had the pleasure to meet you or dive with you, but you are clearly a highly respected and valued member of our community, and I'm certain that you still have much to share based on what you've learned and experienced about diving. You will enjoy sharing these insights with your son, certainly, but please make sure to continue to visit SB and contribute here. And if you ever make it this far east, let me take your boy diving and you snorkeling!

Sorry to hear about your condition. I'm happy to read that you had the luck to walk away from the injury. It could have been much worse. I wish you al the best, and the things you have seen places you have been to you always carry with you.

I wish you wind in the sails and happy sailing (and of course sharing your knowledge to rookies like me)

Then I realized that my dive buddy, my 15 y/o son, is the same size as me and so he's going to inherit some gear; a new air-integrated computer, a practically brand new (20 dives) custom made Santi drysuit, extra reg set, etc., etc.
As someone who has never bought a complete regulator set in his life -- because I "stole" them from my dad, I applaud your choice. It's not just because I think the Mk10's and G250's are the coolest regs all around (just ask Andrew), but I do consider them family keepsakes.

Thanks for sharing. I wish we could have a happier ending here! That being said: You're alive. Diving is optional.

Hey Todd your positive attitude is inspiring. Any time you want to go snorkelling while the others are in the water, I'll be happy to buddy with you!

oooh someone mentioned sailing..... any thoughts on taking up sailing and throwing Hunter and his dive buddy over the side of a sailboat??

just thinking with my fingers here, but there could be several hobbies addressed one time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom