An end to my diving career

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man, that's unbelievable! Sooooooooo sorry to hear it Todd. I can't even imagine...
Sheesh. Well, I'm glad you can see the bright side (the whole, not dying thing) and I hope you can find another fulfilling way to occupy your free time.

Hope to see you and Hunter out there sometime soon.

I can't imagine having to come to grips with that scenario. I have only just begun my diving career, but have it yanked away . . .

Thanks for sharing and glad to know that you will still share on the board.

I haven't had the pleasure of diving with you, but it saddened me to read your post. I wish you all the best.

I am glad you are alive and in the recovery process. Being a father and husband is more important than diving. Having said that, I am truely sorry to hear this as I know you and your son are avid divers and ya this is tough news to know that you will never dive again, at least not in the near future. You get better.

How do you feel about (dry) caving? There's this place in Gold River I've been meaning to visit... Tell Hunter there's a pool dive in Lynden this sunday if he wants to go with me. He can try a doublehose.

Wow Todd that is heartbreaking news, it was a pleasure diving with you.. an absolute pleasure!!!

Todd, so sorry to hear about this setback for you. It has certainly been a pleasure diving with you and Hunter in the past. Rest assured that when Hunter decides he wants to return to the water that the diving family you two have made over the years will most certainly look out for him (not that he needs it). Hope to see you soon and speedy recovery!
Cheers,
John

So sorry to hear your news. As stated before, perhaps call DAN (Diver's Alert Network) and consider a referral to a pulmonary doctor knowledgable in dive medicine. Maybe s/he would have an answer as to why this happened to you. Get well and take care.

I second going to DAN for further analysis. Right now it is your conclusion that you will never be able to dive. This has to be validated by a professional first.

If it turns out that you are unable to dive, look at it this way. You have experienced the pleasures of diving. Something else is out there that was calling you. You did not listen because you were under water.

Find that something :)

Back
Top Bottom