Amistad National Recreation Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know there are several threads here on SB regarding the diving at Amistad, but I was hoping to find out from you that either live in that area and dive it year round or some of you that have dove the lake in the winter months, just how are the water conditions say from now through January on average?? :)

Tex,
If you get any updates on this thread, please keep me informed. If you decide to go dive it, call me.

I actually talked to a diver from Del Rio today. He said surface temp was 63. At 50' it was 51. I think that was from the weekend. I don't know if this cold front made it down that far or not.

409 miles from Dallas. 8 hr drive.
Confort Inn / $65.00
Ramada Inn
Days Inn
LaQuinta/ $59.00
Del Rio Executive Inn / $49.00
Hampton Inn / $93.00

Road Trip ????

Road Trip ! ! !

OK....some behind the scenes investigation are going to happen over the next few weeks of Dec. to look at a possible several day trek to Del Rio/Amistad for some diving and sight seeing,,,greasy spoon joint sampling and just hanging out. Timeliner and K-valve have voiced interest in the affair also. Any info. anyone can input here would be great. No def. plans at this point just a common interest in doing something a bit different over the winter season. :wink:

Keep me posted too! I may be interested in a road trip. :)

Keep me posted too! I may be interested in a road trip. :)

James, that would be cool....Timeliner and I are going to do a bit of research. I know Dec. is not generally a good month for this type activity, but hopefully we can learn a bit more regarding the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom