American Airline and Delta Start service 5 June 2021 to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would be great! Not sure how that's going work, especially those of us from the USA. I don't see the government providing a vaccine passport and they are probably easy to fake.

You'd think it could be incorporated into all the chips in stuff like Passports, NEXUS/Global Entry, TSAPre, Real ID....

That would be great! Not sure how that's going work, especially those of us from the USA. I don't see the government providing a vaccine passport and they are probably easy to fake.

Falsifying Gov documents is a very serious crime and can be verified by CDC. They loaded all the vaccine applicants in a database (we had a QR code on our application so they could load it easier) . I hope we get to a digital solution.

Falsifying Gov documents is a very serious crime and can be verified by CDC. They loaded all the vaccine applicants in a database (we had a QR code on our application so they could load it easier) . I hope we get to a digital solution.
You're not talking about V-safe are you? V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker | CDC

Note: V-safe cannot schedule COVID-19 vaccination appointments, nor serve as an official record of being vaccinated against COVID-19. You will receive a COVID-19 vaccination card at your vaccination appointment.

Just one step further. The Gov has the data. Now just build an interface and tie it into your KTN or something.

Even if the US government were to try and implement a vaccine passport I would be shocked if it could be done in short order, say a year. I work for the federal government and can say that nothing happens in a timely manner. I recently renewed my passport and it took 3 months! Plus, a vaccine passport would come up against a lot of resistance from all the goofballs on the right.

Just one step further. The Gov has the data. Now just build an interface and tie it into your KTN or something.
You don't seem to understand that V-safe is not verification of vaccination. At this time, only your card is

V-safe is entirely voluntary and functions as a health check up. Vital information such as vaccine lot number and site of vaccination, are not included. Anybody could register for V-safe, vaccinated or not.

New York State has a vax authentication app.Excelsior Pass. Links electronically to your state vax record.

New York State has a vax authentication app.Excelsior Pass. Links electronically to your state vax record.

Which should have little issue with linking to the database of the RealID requirement of a NYS Drivers License...

My hunting and fishing licenses, my safe boater credentials, my organ donor status, and I believe my Engineering License as well as a CC permit are/can all be on that document. Why not this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom