" Am I Qualified?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredT:
Please note. blah blah blah... FT

Are you for real Fred? Your way is such a thing of the past. If you want to dive with "today's divers" you have to forget about 120% of the stuff you know and disconnect your brain to <10%.

Unless you know the charter capt. in advance chances are you'll be treated as a total moron, incapable to dive without continous assistance. What am I saying? even if they know you, they'll keep trying to overtouch your stuff.

This seems to be a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. :D I'm looking forward to diving with you and Matt again SOON. My gills are starting to crack from being dry too liong.

Did you get the new boat out again this weekend?

FT

FredT:
This seems to be a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. :D I'm looking forward to diving with you and Matt again SOON. My gills are starting to crack from being dry too liong.

Did you get the new boat out again this weekend?

FT

No, we had to do the engine service at the dealer. Matt is going to S. Florida for work again, so we left the boat at the metal-worker guy for a ladder and a hard top.

BOY THIS THREAD HAS GONE TO POT.
Cant we ALL just get along?:)
This subject (Am I Qualified) was started based on SOME divers that can talk the talk but can't walk the walk, some of which I've had on My Boat.
This is why we as Dive Pros ( Operators, Dive Masters, ect..) have to read Divers the best we can, and when we see weird arrangements of gear it throws up a red flag.
Just My 2 psi

LOL See what you've started Gary. I agree with you about watching divers set their gear up.If I'm diving with a instabuddy and see them have a weird gear set up,or look like they have never set their gear up.I wouldn't dive with them.

OK, OK, lets let this thread go to the deep!!!!

sometimes I dive with my snorkle, sometimes not. This was one of those times.

algulfdiver:
1) How do you convince a Dive Operator (Boat or Shop) that You are Qualified to do a certain Dive?
Show 'em your VISA card!
Rick :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom