Diving or Duty

• Diving

Votes: 182 90.1%
  • Duty

Votes: 20 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You were already looking at AOW when you found out about the baptism, because you had canceled it a year ago. Sounds like a previous commitment to me, that I wouldn't break for "Boyfriends Best friend's baby's baptism"

TSandM:
Unless you're a godparent, I'd go diving. But that's me . . .
Even if I was the parent, I'd go diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, that's me, too, Bob, but look how much trouble it gets us into . . .

ive been thinking back the years

missed nephew #4 5th birthday
missed nephew #5 1st birthday
missed nephew #5 naming day
missed nephew #3 21st
hubby missed nephew #1's army grad march out
hubby missed my mums 65th birthday (this friday) as he out diving
missed only neice's 5th birthday
missed mothers 60th birthday
missed sisters 25th wedding anniversary
and i think i bailed out on my own surprise birthday party once as we went diving instead

all good - no one in therapy yet

oh, and i think you went wrong when you "checked" with the BF... he should have checked with you so you get a chance to say no first :D

Just think, you could give up on the boyfriend next week, you'll have your aow cert forever!

beester:
Ok OK Let me get this straight... you are posting a poll asking ...'THE board' if you should go to a baptism or diving.

How do you think this beautiful girlfriend of mine solved this... wel... pay attention and learn from the master... She made her brother change the date of the baptism... uhu she did. All arrangements with the minister, the feast, all invites to the family and friends... everything dropped because my ol lady wants to go diving. Now if this is not hardcore wanting to dive and negotiation skills then nothing is :D

now that's my kind of woman:D

If it were me making this decision, that kid would be on his own! :D

Hmm... or you could do what my parents did. They gradually got to the "just order your own present and we'll pay for it" method, and then one year, they bought a boxed angel food cake mix but never got around to making it. I haven't had even a birthday cake since then, and look at how normal I've turned out...

...um...

...er...

On second thought, can I change my vote? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom