Aluminum bigger than 80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, but I would caution scubaops to remember that she's looking for someone with a big tank...so apparently size does matter!

Well, I have small tanks, but I use two at a time :)

Keep an eye on craigslist I just picked up 2 al100's a couple of days ago that were o2 clean and filled with 32% with fresh hydro and vis for 250.

384 did you say your intent was to use these larger tanks on multiple dives??? Because if that is not ur intent, I agree with several of the other posters your air consumption should dramatically improve after another 15-20 dives....

Do not hesitate to purchase used tanks which have current hydro/vip... You can often get pretty good deals from someone who is dropping out of the sport..
Good Luck

I have 2 al100's for sale, new hydro, vip is current. live in south florida but travel the whole state regularly.....

What most people miss is that dealing with the extra diameter and the extra weight of an AL100, often negates the few extra cu' of gas. An HP100 would be great, and HP119 or HP130 would be WAY better, even at 3300psi. And their weight out of the water is very close, their weight in the water means less lead to carry around. YAY!

The "steel tanks" rust comment doesn't matter. Unless you don't care about your dive gear. I have steel tanks from 1976 that are just fine, with 1000 dives in salt water. That's what washing your gear does for you.

But, I'd agree, steel does cost more, but it's not uncommon to see HP130's for $200 bucks here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom