alternative to dss lcd30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fair enough, this is great input fellas.

Mine was venting fast enough last night to put me on the bottom of the pool within a couple of minutes, just fyi. The pinholes are up at the top of the plate and I can definitely get access to them through the LPI port. The trick will be to not glue the bladder to itself... ;-)

K1Sd_wdzeMFF_MWLJVUerxOUSZs6v47GcSFSa_Js-ROlahwH1zbEkDpfTkwoJadcl-IerdQpSP_tptdtO=w3308-h1860-no.jpg

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack op's thread but I appreciate the very timely info.

Hey, I didn't know this could happen. Yes, it's glaringly obvious in hindsight. :(

I think it happened after I'd strapped on the tank & regs, when I laid it down beside the pool. I remember laying it down plate-side-down first before realizing it'd be cumbersome to pull it into the pool in that orientation. I must've trapped the top of the wing between the plate and the cement poolside.

I'm not inherently careless with my stuff, I'm just really, really new at this.

I had a DSS LCD30 that got some holes in it. I patched it with some inner tube and AquaSeal and continued diving it for a year or so (? IIRC) with no issues. I eventually got a HOG 23 and never used the LCD again, then sold it (with full disclosure to the new owner!).

i guess you opened it up? i guess i'm chicken **** and didn't want to mess with that zipper. any instructions on how to get that zipper open?

I would get a VDH (Vintage Double Hose) wing as my first choice. We have successfully used VDH, OhyCheq MachV, HOG, and Deep6 on our DSS plates.

The VDH is my favorite, OxyCheq next.

Store | Vintage Double Hose
I would get a VDH (Vintage Double Hose) wing as my first choice. We have successfully used VDH, OhyCheq MachV, HOG, and Deep6 on our DSS plates.

The VDH is my favorite, OxyCheq next.

Store | Vintage Double Hose

i looked at VDH too, OOS, unfortunately. Will check out oxycheq. thanks.

(It was me. I bought the last VDH this morning on rhwestfall's and a couple other people's advice. sorry/not sorry... :D)

-xg68diDqqfZDfFjuLvYs5j63RXQo1JTMYih_pLf2RcouC0By2x1uXPL0a6Sz1wk9LlnZZWw9IgKEtnQH=w3308-h1860-no.jpg

There's an equal amount of goop smeared on the inside as well. Fingers crossed!

@fishballer, is your zipper stuck? Mine came right open without any drama. It was sort of like a sleeping bag, where you get a finger in there to make sure it isn't trapping fabric as you unzip. The bladder only has two attachment points; the LPI at the top and the dump valve at the bottom. Aside from that, you can maneuver it around 'till your heart's content.

i guess you opened it up? i guess i'm chicken **** and didn't want to mess with that zipper. any instructions on how to get that zipper open?

It just unzips. No instructions required (for anyone who has ever used a zipper before). If yours is stuck, then maybe try hitting it with some Salt-Away or something and letting it soak in some warm water for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom