Alternate Activity Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I was supposed to dive Epcot on Oct 1. It got cancelled due to some problem they're having. On the off-chance they had resolved it, I called again- still no go :( (Some day my dive will come....)

I think I would have to be hammered to even think about trying to learn to surf or help enlarge a backyard pond... While I enjoy some biking, don't think this was the weekend for that, not to mention my biking stuff was at home

I did manage to make it down the History of Diving Museum before the weather turned nasty. And of course I had to check out a Divers Direct location or two :wink: - no major purchases, just few small items. (On a side note: Why or why do there have to be so many models of BCs - how is a person supposed to pick their first when most of the time you only get to try it on in street clothes with no tank, or anything else, attached...)

Luckily I had a relative who happened to be in Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend, so I had a place to take shelter.

Let's see - two dive trips attempted - no dives completed. Any volunteers to join me on my next planned outing???

.......Let's see - two dive trips attempted - no dives completed. Any volunteers to join me on my next planned outing???........

You've hit on one of the nice reasons to live in FL. If one day or weekend or week look bad, you just wait for the next day, weekend or week.

Too bad the weather did not cooperate with you on this trip: one of these times, all will work out well.

I had lunch at Benny's in Lake Worth today and the ocean conditions looked flat calm. If you have not gone home yet, you might be able to get a dive in......

Just my luck, the rain followed me home...:shakehead:

I'm just hoping for uneventful next dive trip - seeing as how there'll be an active volcano nearby...

Let's see... the dives got canceled, the EPCOT thing got canceled, hey, when's the last time you heard from the relative?

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I was supposed to dive Epcot on Oct 1. It got cancelled due to some problem they're having. On the off-chance they had resolved it, I called again- still no go :( (Some day my dive will come....)

I think I would have to be hammered to even think about trying to learn to surf or help enlarge a backyard pond... While I enjoy some biking, don't think this was the weekend for that, not to mention my biking stuff was at home

I did manage to make it down the History of Diving Museum before the weather turned nasty. And of course I had to check out a Divers Direct location or two :wink: - no major purchases, just few small items. (On a side note: Why or why do there have to be so many models of BCs - how is a person supposed to pick their first when most of the time you only get to try it on in street clothes with no tank, or anything else, attached...)

Luckily I had a relative who happened to be in Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend, so I had a place to take shelter.

Let's see - two dive trips attempted - no dives completed. Any volunteers to join me on my next planned outing???

Have you recently shot an albatross?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom