Alona / Moalboal, Feb 6th-15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even Aquatica(#44) is full!!! That is most unusual as the place is pretty plain but functioning.
Always stay in their first floor big twin fan room.

just got back from moalboal , we stayed in marina also, free breakfast in there resto nearby plus a 10% discount on lunch and dinner at their resto

@rat man - i think its the "who did you bring back with you?" that went off with your things and money , because there were only a few outsiders entering the compound of marina

i think the savedra beach front is better because it has a beach front view from the rooms

Looks like I'm going with Harmony in Alona. They only have one room available, which seems ridiculous at p3000, but it will do. Now I just have to wire them my 50% deposit :shakehead:
@rat man - i think its the "who did you bring back with you?" that went off with your things and money , because there were only a few outsiders entering the compound of marina
Lol, would have made for a better story though.

"We are apologizing you that, those rooms that you have requested, is already taken now and been paid already. There is a client that paid directly so we are obliged to reserved him first.

Ms.Gem Lora
Harmony Hotel Staff"

WTF? I made an online reservation and received an email response saying the room was open and to make my deposit. When I replied and asked how to make that deposit, this was the response I got.

So...still looking for a place to stay in Alona

Last edited:
I think you will have to stay at a place off the beach. See if my Alona Beach map helps you.

Location #2 is fairly new and looks good. It is owned by the same person that owns location #30. The prices are less on the main road.

As mentioned #58 (Harmony) is also a good place.

I'll say it again, half of Asia descends on the Philippines for Chinese New Years Feb 3. It's cold in Korea and Hong Kong, they love the heat. From Feb 1-15 or so will be busy.

I was staying at AlonaLand my last trip (#7) and walked through the new #2 Panglao Regents Park Resort, which looked great. They have lots of rooms, so worth a try. Also, Alona Kew has the new hotel open #22, and lots of rooms too.

But Alonaland is my old favorite, found it in the Lonely Planet Guide book in about 2003 and been going back since then. It's a really good deal, from P1800. Last stay my companion recognized a major Philippine movie star, Joe Torres, staying there and we got some pics with him. Great pool, kitchens for cooking, shared barbecue on which we cooked fish "sinugba". I cook a great sweet and sour whole fish, "escabiche", and we had super "kinilaw" and lots of great fresh fruit every day. Really miss it. I rent a motorbike from one of the porters there for P300 per day for shopping at the market, going to the beach to dive and touring Bohol.

From the looks of it, the #2 Resort is primo. It was about 50% higher priced (P3000 and up), but excellent and brand new (I think they opened in July 2010 or so).

The really swank place is #9, Amorita Resort & Restaurant. It is way too expensive for me (the cheapest was P10,000, and up) but we walked the grounds and it was excellent. Almost new, about 3 years? If I had unlimited funds, I'd be there.

There are several other small but nice resorts tucked away the Edith Lau street, Swiss Bakery has one in back too. Worth exploring.

If you get really stuck, I recommend a travel agent in Cebu who is very reliable. Contact Joy at Debalucos International Travel. (email debalucosintltraveltours@yahoo.com).

Below are some shots on Alona Beach a night. Enjoyed the ocean side dining very much.

Attachments

• Alona Beach at night.jpg
    Alona Beach at night.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Dinner on the Beach, Alona.jpg
    Dinner on the Beach, Alona.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Picking dinner at Lost Horizon, Alona Beach.jpg
    Picking dinner at Lost Horizon, Alona Beach.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 21
Rat-man - I'm also hitting up Alona, Feb 11 - 18 and am having the same luck you are with rooms. I was able to book the 2nd half of my trip at Lost Horizon, but am still looking for places for the first 3 nights. I've contacted Harmony, but your experience with them makes me a bit weary......

Good luck on your room search, hit me up if you wanna meet up for a drink or something while in Alona!

Last edited:
I ended up with a room at Alona Vida and will be diving Balicasag with Seaquest today. I'll post a new thread later with all my results. Thanks again to all who helped out!

Krazymad- looks like I'll miss you by a day. I'm out on the 10th

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom