Aloha From Tennessee!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Thanks for the great welcome Don.
I especially like, and totally agree with, what you have listed in your Public Profile:

Interests:
“Eat, sleep, dive, and work some to support the addiction”.

Thanks Again
Alan

Deep Sea Alan:
Hello Steve,

I live in Clarksville TN.
I would also like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone for all of the warm greetings.

Alan
Hey Alan, I'm not far from you; I'm in far western KY. Maybe get together and dive sometime?! I do most of my local diving at Mermet Springs, but get over to Cerulean and Penneyroyal every now and then. I've never been to Martha's, but would give it a try. Glad to have you on the board; keep an eye on the KPP and Midwest Muck Divers. steve

steve2281:
Hey Alan, I'm not far from you; I'm in far western KY. Maybe get together and dive sometime?! I do most of my local diving at Mermet Springs, but get over to Cerulean and Penneyroyal every now and then. I've never been to Martha's, but would give it a try. Glad to have you on the board; keep an eye on the KPP and Midwest Muck Divers. steve
Sound Great Steve,
I have not been to Cerulean yet and Mermet Springs is only about 120 miles away. Penneyroyal is the closest to us. We will be ready for a road trip to Florida in about a month if your intrested. Take care

Alan

Alan check and see if there is a Scuba Ranger program in your area. It is a program for young divers ages 8 to 12. Great fun and activities that both of your boys could do together

Becky

Thanks Becky,

I will check into it. My son was born in Hawaii and has been in the ocean since he was in dipers. His underwater work is solid, calm and hungry for more skills. I would have loved to start diving at 10. Thanks for the tip!

Alan

Thanks for the warm welcome Doc (Alan Mayfield),

How is the diving in Greece? I had a buddy in the Navy that was from Crete and used to talk about it all the time.

Alan

Alan,

I tell people that the visibility is outstanding, but there isn't much to see. Not much fish life and no coral. The Med has been pretty much wasted. The best advice I got when I got here was to ask the price of the fish on the menu before I ordered. If you don't, you may be buying the hundred dollar fish. I have had $60 fish that was nothing to speak of. I enjoy the diving though and I enjoy teaching new people to dive. They just enjoy being wet and being down there. Most spots are off-limits because of antiquities and the "SCUBA police" will get you.

Come visit.

Back
Top Bottom