Almost done.. maybe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkutyna

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, after 5 & 1/2 hours of written/skills tests last night all I'm waiting for is a final grade on the written portion of my final exam. I'm pretty sure I'll pass that though.

I'm curious though, how many people had to take a non-standard written exam for their DM? We actually took the NAUI multiple-guess exam as our mid-term and the instructor came up with a show your work/methodology exam for our final. As I said, I think I did pretty good on it but then again, I was exhausted from being in the pool for the previous 3 hours doing skills so maybe my calculations are completely off.

I am doing the PADI DM course so my final is broken up into sections. While it would be unnerving to have an instructor create a custom test, it would be nice knowing that you could pass such a test because you had the knowledge. Should mean he/she taught you well. I had a cisco instructor do that once, and I tought his test was actually more difficult and was really pleased when I passed it.

It has been a few weeks since you posted this, how did you do?

Actually, I don't know, heh. I passed all of my skills portions but I'm still waiting on my final test grade. My instructor graduated from grad school and got married since I finished so she's been rather busy and I haven't wanted to harass her too much. I was going to contact her this week though.

So, it turns out that I did pass my final test. I submitted my paperwork to NAUI last week and should have my number in the next day or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom