Almost complete? Just starting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My instructor is making us take all the the DM exams in one setting. Is this a PADI requirement or just one of my instructors rules? From looking at several of the posting it appears that many of the DM's took their tests to different times. Please let me know how you have been doing your exams.

I took all of mine in one evening.

I took all mine in one sitting, too.

If you know your stuff...no problem. If you DON'T know your stuff...8 sittings won't help.

Ian

since so many posts were lost, if you would like to repost your accomplishments, please do so.

I completed my Divemaster program 2 weeks ago. Yea!!!

Congrats on your accomplishment! It's a great class isn't it? It's always nice to see people with a passion for our sport. :)

I did not want to start a new thread, but I did want to say...

:yeahbaby: GOAL !! On the first of dec I was handed my DM card!!! yeeee haaawww ! :yeahbaby:
The course was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed it far more than I expected I would have.
Everything went well except the rescue scenario which I had to re-do (amazing how much you can forget if you don't practise regularly)

Over the new year holiday a different instructor and I will be guiding a few folks over here on holiday - my first duty as a real DM. looking forward to it.

I also wanted to say thanks - a lot of good info in this forum and it definitly helped. cheers everyone

--Murray
Dive Master (lost in the land of sushi)

I'm jealous,
I've just started, only had a couple of classes. 6 chapters down in the divemaster book and some in the encyclopedia. No tests done yet.

Hope to join you guys soon ( well not real soon lol)

So I actually finished up in early december...but the application is being sent in in the next day or so...I figured, if I have to renew every January, may as well wait a month and not bother. :D

Just getting statrted. I have been certified since 1993, guess it's about time to get off of my butt and get the rest of my ratings!:D

Just finished DiveCon late last year and got my official card a couple of weeks ago.

I helped with a Discover Scuba yesterday morning (9 people!) and knocked out 5 skills - mask removal, swimming with mask off, fin pivot, bc removal, and regulator removal/recovery. I am moving along!

Back
Top Bottom