Almost complete? Just starting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Course Director wants to have everything finished by first of April (we only meet on Wed nights.) and go right into the IDC and take the IE in May.
Wow. That's certainly different than my shop. They require at least a year as a practicing divemaster before they'll invite you to the next instructor round. Of course, since NAUI DM is a superset of AI, it's not really the same ball game.

(NAUI DM is everything of NAUI AI with leading certified divers added on top. From what I read, PADI DM is basically *just* leading certified divers, with PADI AI adding all the instruction aspects after that. That difference makes for a significant divergence in approach between the two.)

Oh, and I jumped in with the students when they did their survival swim/float and did my required 20 minutes. I apparently have large enough lung capacity that I can float myself well, and I spent most of the second half pulling myself along feet-only. (Hey, I was bored. :D)

I'm jealous that you could just float. The last two minutes of the tread were agonizingly difficult for me (but I didn't dab).

Today I finished up the last exam and pool work for PADI DM; I'm all done with everything, and my instructor thought I was finished with my internship too, though I think I still have at least one continuing ed session in open water to do. We'll see. Anyway, I'm close to submitting my app!

Back
Top Bottom