Almost complete? Just starting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doing the swim was easy after I went into the zone and focused on anything but the length of the swim.

My plan is to leave it for last, then go into it knowing it is the last thing I need to complete this marathon journey, then I'll be finished. Being done and knowing I'll be a DM when I finish 400 yards is all the motivation I need.

Finished the water stamina and 800 yd. snorkel. Will do the Tired diver "tow" next pool session, followed by the 400 yd. swim and gear exchange. Still have the written exams, mapping and OW herding to complete. Basically I have a lot to do in the next 3 weeks!

It sounds like a lot to do but once you are just about to finish you think to yourself now that was not so bad.

SharkDZ:
Will do the Tired diver "tow" next pool session
I'd recommend the push rather than the tow - more streamlined.

Bubble Junky:
I'd recommend the push rather than the tow - more streamlined.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I was planning on. Would you recommend paddle fins or splits? I'm thinking the paddles for power, but my Bio XTs are good for straight line cruising.

Cool, thanks for the suggestions.

Final Exams:
Did all the tests Did really well. Missed 3 questions. Help me remember what they were...
9/9
Physics
Equipment
Physiology
Environment
Divemaster Conducted Programs
Supervising Dive Students
???? (I thought I remembered 9...)

Internship
2/5 classroom/pool sessions
2/5 Open Water Checkout Dives

Waterskills and Stamina
400 Yard Swim 4/5
15 minute Tread 5/5
800 Yard Snorkel 3/5
100 Yard Tow 3/5

20 basic Skills 1 down 19 to Go

Equipment exchange: Done

Practical
Mapping Exercise - Not Done
Underwater Problem Solving - Not Done

Discover Local Diving - Done

Completed Discover Local Diving last weekend. Did okay, but I had six divers in 10' vis, and the instructor kept taking off with the divers. At our turn point, I stopped and waited for everyone to catch up and only saw four of the six. I swam the direction we came from looking for the other two, but I couldn't find them. I surfaced the other four and went back to get the two plus instructor. I still don't know how they got around me, but they just kept going through our turn point.

That's all I can think. Anything I'm missing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom