Allegro Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all of the information. Our son is below the age limit to be left in Kids' Club, so we will have to have a sitter for him anyway. Our only experience with a Kids' Club is Camp Carnival (Carnival Cruise Lines) and so I thought they all worked pretty much the same.

We're not expecting alot, just a clean place to sleep. For the price, even if we just get our drinks and a continental breakfast each day we'll be happy. We have so many favorite restaurants to visit that we'll probably eat out dinner most nights anyway.

We may try out Dive Palancar too, although we've always used Dive Paradise. We have another couple traveling with us (and possibly one more) so we may have enough for our own fast boat which is always nice.

I think you'd be just as happy using Dive Palancar as Dive Paradise but you can use any op you want because the Allegro & Grand both allow the competition to pick up at their piers. As for the Allegro I'd have been happy to swap my room at the Grand for one at the Allegro, so don't think it's not a decent enough property.

We've stayed at the Allegro 9 times since the early 90s, and we love it. Next trip is planned for May (we were supposed to go this May, but the swine flu scare kept us away.) We like the beach far better than the one at the Grand. Rooms are clean, food is reasonably good (though clearly not gourmet) and plentiful, as are the drinks. There's enough variety that you won't go away hungry. Love the nearly-new catamarans and windsurfers. Staff is cordial. We always dive with Dive Palancar and just love the guys. We go at least once per stay downtown with them and have a karaoke night. You can opt to do just one tank, either morning or afternoon, if you want. They don't mind if it's the first or second dive of the morning or afternoon. Sometimes we just want to do the shallow dive, so we meet them at the dock at 10:30 (they come back to unload and reload tanks between dives.) If you go without the expectation of a 5 star room, world class gourmet food and top-shelf liquors, you'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom