All inclusive resorts suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef, So your saying it meets the OP requirment for a luxurious AI resort??? Please specify since I am interested also since I have not found a place that is over the top luxurious the OP requests on Roatan.

The OP sia "I sure would like to know what everyone's experience has been at let's say CCV versus Anthony's Key Resort. That's just one example of course but if there are others that you can recommend around the Caribbean but yes, specifically in Roatan, I would be all ears."

And I said "For a non-diver, AKR will be better than Coco."

How do you interpret my statement above or my response to you as saying AKR is luxurious? It may be that the OP is SOL with regards to Roatan if he cannot adjust his wife's expectations.

Second for Bayahibe DR. Easy to get to from Punta Cana, and the Iberostar resort was nice. Food was great. No need to spend the extra for "star" level. If you like the big boats, Dressel is onsite. I dove with scuba fun and several times was just me or 1-2 others.

Diving was mostly shallow-ish fairly flat reefs. The St. George wreck is worth diving several times. Lots to see there. Good place for morning diving and afternoon with family. It’s no Cozumel, but what is right?

View media item 210219

And I said "For a non-diver, AKR will be better than Coco."

How do you interpret my statement above or my response to you as saying....

I interpret any opinion statement using the word “Coco” instead of Coco View as having been made by someone who has not actually ever been to CCV.

Maybe you didn’t hear it right when you were there on the internet?

I agree, there is nothing comparable to a high end resort on Roatan.
I have stayed at Victoria House in Belize twice, it is very nice but not as nice as Anse Chastenet in St. Lucia (stayed 4 times) which is lovely or Jade Mountain which is spectacular (stayed once).

Reactions: Doc
Perhaps you should consider Granada.

These suggestions have been really good. Thank you everybody. my wife and I have been on YouTube this morning confirming all of these locations. I started noticing that just down the way from dreams on that amazing Beach is the iberostar which seems to have thousands of people at it as well as the Catalonia La Romana Royal. That looks like a possible winner. All inclusive luxury and looks like a lot of Russians oh well cigarettes...yum. Absolutely gorgeous serene calm beach though like Roatan West Bay Beach was before the cruise shippers and the vendors ruined it. I also saw some of the diving footage which I appreciate you posting. That looks fantastic. I love to have a wreck plus some plains like coral reef diving. It would be a good mix for her and I to enjoy some luxury with some diving.

Any thoughts on Dreams vs. Iberostar versus Catalonia vs. Hilton? Hilton just seems outrageously expensive and not adults only. The iberostar looks absolutely monstrous and I don't know if it's adults only or not. Dreams is not the level of Secrets and a bit sterile looking for my wife and it has kids everywhere. The Catalonia has an adults-only section which appeals to my wife and I greatly. I don't need little ones around me anymore in my life. if anybody has walked up and down this wonderful stretch of Beach and can give me some opinions based on what they've seen please come to me guns a-blazing because I love the truth out right. Appreciate the two posts about the southside of Dominica Bayahibe

Back
Top Bottom