All inclusive resorts suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My fiancee and I have the same issue. She doesn't dive and I want her to be comfortable and safe while I'm off diving. We usually stay at Couples in Jamaica, Kore in Tulum etc.

One of the places I have bookmarked for Roatan (haven't been yet) is Tranquilseas Hotel Resort Roatan | The best holiday destination
Not quite the same thing but it looks like it has enough touches to make it feel special.

I interpret any opinion statement using the word “Coco” instead of Coco View as having been made by someone who has not actually ever been to CCV.

Maybe you didn’t hear it right when you were there on the internet?

Maybe you pick nits underwater, too?

Or maybe I was reiterating your own advice, many times stating that CCV is for hardcore divers. Here's a few quotes of you.

"If you have a non-diver, skip CCV. If they are a snorkeler, they'll be fine, but CCV is for water babies."

"CCV is far and away my choice, but if you're really bringing along non-swimmers, AKR would be my suggestion."

"Of the two, AKR is the more survivable for non-divers."

"Between the two you have selected, you’ve got the very last two actual dive resorts on Roatan, sounds like AKR is your best choice. I say that CCV is the better dive resort, but you’re looking for an acceptable mix for both, and that is indeed AKR."

My fiancee and I have the same issue. She doesn't dive and I want her to be comfortable and safe while I'm off diving. We usually stay at Couples in Jamaica, Kore in Tulum etc.

One of the places I have bookmarked for Roatan (haven't been yet) is Tranquilseas Hotel Resort Roatan | The best holiday destination
Not quite the same thing but it looks like it has enough touches to make it feel special.

Thanks! I'll check it out but may be moot due to the restrictions. Started looking at Bonaire and ran into the same wall of panacea over 10k worldwide deaths total due to CV infections from start to finish. Cannot believe a $22t economy was shut down over 10k deaths...shortsighted if you ask me.

Thanks! I'll check it out but may be moot due to the restrictions. Started looking at Bonaire and ran into the same wall of panacea over 10k worldwide deaths total due to CV infections from start to finish. Cannot believe a $22t economy was shut down over 10k deaths...shortsighted if you ask me.

I don't want to get into a back and forth on this but I find your numbers to be significantly unrealistic... The tourism contribution to the GDP of the Caribbean as a region is FAR less than $22t and Texas alone has had more than the 10'000 deaths that you're quoting... and it's hardly finished.

Any thoughts on Dreams vs. Iberostar versus Catalonia vs. Hilton? Hilton just seems outrageously expensive and not adults only. The iberostar looks absolutely monstrous and I don't know if it's adults only or not. Dreams is not the level of Secrets and a bit sterile looking for my wife and it has kids everywhere. The Catalonia has an adults-only section which appeals to my wife and I greatly. I don't need little ones around me anymore in my life. if anybody has walked up and down this wonderful stretch of Beach and can give me some opinions based on what they've seen please come to me guns a-blazing because I love the truth out right. Appreciate the two posts about the southside of Dominica Bayahibe

The Catalonia is a step down from the Hilton, Dreams and Iberostar. The Catalonia adults only section is behind the family section, so it isn't on the beach and both sections share the same restaurants. The Iberostar is a family resort also. It has 505 rooms
We stayed twice at the Hilton La Romana when it was Dreams. It is the best of the bunch. It is only about a 10 minute walk into the village of Bayahibe from the Hilton and it has the best snorkeling from shore. The Hilton was one 750 room resort when it was Dreams. Hilton took it over in 2018 and renovated the whole resort and split it into an adults only and family resort. People staying in the adults only section can use the family section but not the other way around.
I would say the Hilton is #1, Dreams #2 and Iberostar #3. The rooms at the Iberostar are very plain.

Second for Bayahibe DR. Easy to get to from Punta Cana, and the Iberostar resort was nice. Food was great. No need to spend the extra for "star" level. If you like the big boats, Dressel is onsite. I dove with scuba fun and several times was just me or 1-2 others.

Diving was mostly shallow-ish fairly flat reefs. The St. George wreck is worth diving several times. Lots to see there. Good place for morning diving and afternoon with family. It’s no Cozumel, but what is right?
Bayahibe diving has a lot more to offer than "shallow-ish fairly flat reefs" there is reef, wall and wreck diving. In saw far more marine life diving Bayahibe than I did when I dove Cozumel.

there is reef, wall and wreck diving. In saw far more marine life diving Bayahibe than I did when I dove Cozumel.

Well you know @Ontwreckdiver - I provided factual info based on what i observed diving with a particular shop. I’m sure the OP would find your perspective helpful if it included some details they could actually follow up with instead of just saying I was wrong. When was the last time you dove at Bayahibe? About a year ago for me.

Maybe counter with something like "dive with this shop and ask to go this location if you want wall or cave dives". Something like I did above: "dove with scuba fun and saw a wreck and mostly shallow-ish reef diving".

I’ll add, I really enjoyed the scubafun team. Ask for DM Morgan.

Reactions: Doc
The Palace in Cozumel is very nice. Consistently good food, lodging and diving. They have aromatherapy throughout the resort, for those who care about such things (ME!). Every room is nice - with a whirlpool tub in each.

I like Anse Chastanet, but honestly, the food was just ok. Beautiful presentation, but otherwise 'meh'. Diving was good though.

Forgot you were asking about AKR - loved them, but for a non-diver, the Palace in Cozumel would be much better. Better amenities, food, drinks, location (if you want to go outside of the resort for shopping or local dining).

What about the Mayan Princess on West Bay? I have never stayed there but that beach is beautiful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom