All inclusive resorts suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgot you were asking about AKR - loved them, but for a non-diver, the Palace in Cozumel would be much better. Better amenities, food, drinks, location (if you want to go outside of the resort for shopping or local dining).

We stayed at the Coz Palace this March and it was FABULOUS. I just didn't like having to sit in the boat for 20 minutes once through with a dive. My wife elected to watch our nephew as my Dad and stepmom were with us and the stepmom was diving with me. Yes, the amenities there satisfy my wife completely. Will be looking into the Hilton for Christmas in DR but if all 3 islands are neck and neck with when they open I may opt for Roatan or Bonaire. DR may be something we take seriously a little later on once everything opens up. Am I right in saying DR is currently closed bc of COVID 19?

This is the problem with the internet and discussion boards. I was not referring to the Caribbean as a whole. All I was referring to was the US CDC saying that something like 6% of the 190k number in the US was reflective of actual deaths from start to finish in totally healthy humans. Was not saying it was over either. I just think the numbers reported initially about the deaths were used to scare the bejeezus out of millions of people needlessly ON A GLOBAL SCALE and then shut down their source of income. I was one such victim of this campaign to shut down capitalism and I'm furious about it. There are far worse diseases out there and no one shut down businesses over them.

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 / 01:11 PM EDT / Updated: Aug 30, 2020 / 01:11 PM EDT
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new data last week that depicts how many Americans who have died from COVID-19 also had other contributing conditions.

According to the report, only 6% of deaths have COVID-19 as the only cause mentioned, revealing that 94% of patients who died from coronavirus also had other “health conditions and contributing causes.”

I don't want to get into a back and forth on this but I find your numbers to be significantly unrealistic... The tourism contribution to the GDP of the Caribbean as a region is FAR less than $22t and Texas alone has had more than the 10'000 deaths that you're quoting... and it's hardly finished.

Curacao will probably not re-open to US until 2021 but you can get 5-star hotels there with tons to do for non-divers while having onsite or nearby dive piers and close dive sites.

I don't want to get into a back and forth on this but

Unfortunately I’m a little more stupid than Dan.

Look at the US population. Over 40% obesity rate, over 35% past age 65. Lots of other "contributing conditions" are wide spread thanks to the general inability of most people to say no to anything and a general lack of personal accountability. Generally we are a pretty sickly bunch. It sounds like we are saying 94% of the deaths just happened to have Covid but it had no bearing on their death. In other words - trying to distract from or trivialize the COVID deaths by saying "but they weren’t in perfect health" is just skewing data to justify a perspective. Further, anyone who truly believes there is a campaign to shut down capitalism . . . probably also believes "big brother" is out to get them lol.

Unfortunately I’m a little more stupid than Dan.

Look at the US population. Over 40% obesity rate, over 35% past age 65. Lots of other "contributing conditions" are wide spread thanks to the general inability of most people to say no to anything and a general lack of personal accountability. Generally we are a pretty sickly bunch. It sounds like we are saying 94% of the deaths just happened to have Covid but it had no bearing on their death. In other words - trying to distract from or trivialize the COVID deaths by saying "but they weren’t in perfect health" is just skewing data to justify a perspective. Further, anyone who truly believes there is a campaign to shut down capitalism . . . probably also believes "big brother" is out to get them lol.

If you don't believe that 94% just happened to have covid, just answer two questions, please.

How many total deaths in the US in the first 8 months of 2020?

How many total deaths in the US in the first 8 months of 2019?

First, my apologies to the OP and others who are trying to get a value from this post and not interested in a debate on whether or not there is actually a pandemic (laugh if you want but many believe it to be made up).

Now, on to the question from above: There were a number of Facebook posts a while back where some users made unfounded claims that the mortality rate was the same as previous years - and pointed to that as a reason to dispute the pandemic. As sometimes happens, we did not use the "trust but verify" method while "hearting" our friends on socials, but luckily; the CDC did the legwork and they found that there have been over 200,000 of what they call "excess deaths" this year vs. previous years. Read more here.

And with that, I am over and out of this thread. Best to all and back to blowing bubbles.

If you still wanted Roatan, yes, indeed West Bay is lovely., most especially so when there's no cruise ships in town. My recommendation would be Infinity Resort rather than Mayan Princess.

If you are interested in a really nice getaway with fantastic (and I mean REALLY good) diving for you, really quiet and peaceful beach/pool time for your "non-diver", that is also all-inclusive with great meals....look no further than the Southern Cross Club on Little Cayman. Our vacation profile seems much like yours, except we both dive. But we like a nice place with no kids and no drunk idiots running around. Best dive trip we ever had was SCC......and I think the Caymans are reopening in a couple of weeks??

If you are interested in a really nice getaway with fantastic (and I mean REALLY good) diving for you, really quiet and peaceful beach/pool time for your "non-diver", that is also all-inclusive with great meals....look no further than the Southern Cross Club on Little Cayman. Our vacation profile seems much like yours, except we both dive. But we like a nice place with no kids and no drunk idiots running around. Best dive trip we ever had was SCC......and I think the Caymans are reopening in a couple of weeks??

They are not. No international visitors with stayovers to Little Cayman until at least mid January 2021, likely longer.

Back
Top Bottom