All-Inclusive Resort (Diving not important this time...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoyed the Iberostar on Cozumel. I went with a group of divers and non-divers; everyone had a great time.

My husband and I went to The Royal Cancun this month and loved it there - it would be a great romantic getaway for you and your man.

Try funjet.com
They have good all-inclusive prices to Cancun, Coz and Playa. My wife and I have gone to Mexico every December for 9 years and love it. All-inclusive is an inexpensive way to go and all the resorts are similar.

well if you wait till around summer the resort a stayed at had a great view and you have a little casita to yourself:

http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=199330&highlight=palapas+ventana

i posted about this place on the board a link to the website is on there

here is the price for the scuba package:
SCUBA Diver Package: For groups of 4 or more.
5 days & 4 nights + 3 days of diving, 2 tanks per day, breakfast and lunch included. Kayak, snorkeling gear and sailboat use free with package. Inclusive dinner package available for additional $12/person per night​
Regular Casita
Double occupancy - $473 (US) per person​
Specialty Casita
Double occupancy - $550 (US) per person

i would recommend staying in the speciality since its nicer but again the prob is that durin winter the diving kinda suxs cuz its so windy (more for kitesurfing) but thought you might like to see it

Based on your description of "unwind time" "romantic" and "get to know each other again" (hehehehe!) you have to check out Hedonism II in Jamaica!! Great place for romantic time with a special one and a fun time with a small group of friends. The party never ends!

If you are stuck on Mexico, check out the AI's on Cozumel. Presidente, Allegro, Fiesta Americana, Reef Club, and others are good AI resorts at good prices.

Willar:
Based on your description of "unwind time" "romantic" and "get to know each other again" (hehehehe!) you have to check out Hedonism II in Jamaica!! Great place for romantic time with a special one and a fun time with a small group of friends. The party never ends!

If you are stuck on Mexico, check out the AI's on Cozumel. Presidente, Allegro, Fiesta Americana, Reef Club, and others are good AI resorts at good prices.

Ahh jeeze... am I THAT busted?? :wink:

Im not totally set on Mexico, I guess its just the first place we both thought of, but I'll give the place in Jamaica a look too- never know where we might be swayed!!

Thanks everyone for your responses.... I'll be looking into all of these places! I really appreciate it! :D

I like Royal Solaris myself, several resturants, pools, swim up bar...on the beach. In both Cabo San Lucus and Cancun.

If you don't mind a sales pitch I can maybe get you and the other couples in on my Mini-vacations I am supposed to give away...

Just practice saying NO for 90 minutes and you should be fine...

Mike :)

Kayla:
3. Is there anything else that I should know about before I start hunting??

Thanks in advance- I really appreciate all of you! :)

K

CLEAN YOUR RIFLE!!

You're welcome.:10: :10:

Kayla, I've stayed at both Moon Palace (http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/MoonPalace/Index.asp) and Secrets Capri (http://www.secretsresorts.com/capri/). Both are nice.

Moon Palace is somewhat off to itself so you are not right smack in the hotel zone. But they provide transportation to the hotel zone if you want to go via a bus that runs about every hour. You have to wait 4 hours to catch your return bus but you can always take a taxi back if you want to stay longer or shorter. The other positive about Moon Palace is that you can visit the other Palace Hotels and use their facilities and eat at their restaurants because it's all-inclusive. The negative of MP for couples is that children are allowed here and sometimes can be annoying around the pool. I got nothing against kids, but, you may not want that on a quiet, romantic get-away.

Secrets Capri is a smaller, adults only resort closer to Playa del Carmen. It's definitely more expensive, but, well worth the difference for me. It's also an All-Inclusive with some really nice restaurants. This is a place where you can lay out by the pool or on the beach and really relax. They do a few activities around the pool but it's generally mellow and, no obnoxious kids (again, I've got nothing against kids, except obnoxious ones). It's not a happening night-life hotel but it doesn't sound like that's really what you're looking for. And, if you want it, you can always go into PDC. It's a short taxi ride into PDC which is a fun place to go. I find PDC much more enjoyable that Cancun.

Hope I've been helpful, feel free to PM me if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom