All-Inclusive Resort (Diving not important this time...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault:
I like Royal Solaris myself, several resturants, pools, swim up bar...on the beach. In both Cabo San Lucus and Cancun.

If you don't mind a sales pitch I can maybe get you and the other couples in on my Mini-vacations I am supposed to give away...

Just practice saying NO for 90 minutes and you should be fine...

Mike :)

Hmm... and just what do I have to do? Is this an online thing, or do I have to sit on the phone for that long?

I might be game anyway.... :)

Scott Riemer:
Kayla, I've stayed at both Moon Palace (http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/MoonPalace/Index.asp) and Secrets Capri (http://www.secretsresorts.com/capri/). Both are nice.

Moon Palace is somewhat off to itself so you are not right smack in the hotel zone. But they provide transportation to the hotel zone if you want to go via a bus that runs about every hour. You have to wait 4 hours to catch your return bus but you can always take a taxi back if you want to stay longer or shorter. The other positive about Moon Palace is that you can visit the other Palace Hotels and use their facilities and eat at their restaurants because it's all-inclusive. The negative of MP for couples is that children are allowed here and sometimes can be annoying around the pool. I got nothing against kids, but, you may not want that on a quiet, romantic get-away.

Secrets Capri is a smaller, adults only resort closer to Playa del Carmen. It's definitely more expensive, but, well worth the difference for me. It's also an All-Inclusive with some really nice restaurants. This is a place where you can lay out by the pool or on the beach and really relax. They do a few activities around the pool but it's generally mellow and, no obnoxious kids (again, I've got nothing against kids, except obnoxious ones). It's not a happening night-life hotel but it doesn't sound like that's really what you're looking for. And, if you want it, you can always go into PDC. It's a short taxi ride into PDC which is a fun place to go. I find PDC much more enjoyable that Cancun.

Hope I've been helpful, feel free to PM me if you want.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it.. Ill be looking into both of them! :D

I loved the Cozumel Palace and stayed there a few months ago. Great getaway location andclose to town.
You should also review TripAdvisor since they give great feed on the different locations that you may be looking into with recent pictures.
This was the main reason I chose the Palace and have been extremely satisfied, not to say the misses who is a non-diver.
best of luck....

kuma1720:
I loved the Cozumel Palace and stayed there a few months ago. Great getaway location andclose to town.
You should also review TripAdvisor since they give great feed on the different locations that you may be looking into with recent pictures.
This was the main reason I chose the Palace and have been extremely satisfied, not to say the misses who is a non-diver.
best of luck....

Thanks! I appreciate the imput!!! :D

I would highly recommend the Playa Del Carmen area over Cozumel. There's probably a hundred AI's to choose from vs. a half dozen on Cozumel.

There's plenty of PDC information to be found here

I've stayed at Barcelo Maya 3 times, Riu Palace, Iberostar Paraiso Beach, Palladium Kantanah, and some smaller non-AI's on the beach in PDC. Barcelo is a favorite of ours, a good bargain, and has a fantastic beach.

The AI's in Cancun are cheaper, but the beaches tend to have rougher surf.

I would recommend waiting until the Christmas/New Year weeks are over. There will be less crowds and the prices will be lower.

Kayla,
My 2 cents:
If you are set on all-inclusives, try Aventura Palace. It's adults only. I hear that Cozumel Palace is great also. THere are so many resorts in the area, you will certainly find something incredible there. Azul looks quite amazing, too. Definitely check out tripadvisor. Try looking in the Yucatan boards, and acquaint yourself with the geography a bit. Cancun is a lot like Vegas on the beach, if that's what you're looking for. Further south are small towns and resort areas. My favorites include Puerto Morelos and Akumal, but there are many other hidden gems.

If you want to consider something that is non-AI, take a look at Rancho Sak Ol in Puerto Morelos. It is small (13 rooms) on the beach, and includes breakfast each morning. It's simple but VERY clean, and it's about $85/night in high season. Also, the beds are swings, which may sound weird, but we found it to be very cool! We loved the upstairs room because the breeze flowed through at night, and we loved leaving the windows open (felt safe that way). The restaurants in town were VERY good and pretty reasonable, and the hotel offers use of the kitchen and fridge space if you want to eat in. Puerto Morelos is a small fishing village, and has lots of quiet time to offer. We fell in love with it. PM if you need more information.

If you are interested in Palace resorts, pm me and I will give you the website I used to book ours. We went through an owner of Palace timeshares, and got a GREAT deal - and got royal treatment.

Good luck, and may your honey come home safely!!!

look up real playa del carmen. stayed over the 4th of july . the food was good, hotel is 4 blocks from ocean and at the north end of 5th ave. walk to everything, including fantastic playa beach. ai out of msp 2 people,4 nites,air,food,booze,shuttle,taxes,1220usd. one vet to another. good luck!

Instead of Mexico, take a look at the all inclusives on the north coast of the Dominican Republic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom