All-inclusive (or almost) resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caybel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Planning our first trip to Bonaire (husband and I) and I am a bit overwhelmed with so many choices!! Is there any consensus on the best all- or mostly-inclusive dive resorts? With dive packages, restaurant(s) on-site, dive center? A bit upscale?

I've read through a lot of threads and it has helped to cross a couple places off my list but still finding it tough to choose. We like our vacations as stress-free as possible, so somewhere that is well organized is important. My previous southern dive vacations have been to the Caymans and Turneffe (Belize) so I've been spoiled with valet diving :wink: At home it's mostly shore diving though, so that is no problem, mostly we just don't want to deal with rental vehicle breakdowns, etc. since our vacation days are limited and we definitely want to optimize them!!

Currently considering the following:

Cap't Dons
Divi Flamingo
Plaza

Thanks for any help :)

Regarding.the food, don.t.do.it. There are.so many.nice.options.to eat.out for.lunch and.diner! You can try a different one every day twice and won.t have to.go.to the same.place ;-)

Only Plaza.and.Divi.flamingo have all.in food and drinks I believe.

Buddy has 3in1 hotel.car.tanks packages, some.boat.doves.included as well.

If.you are.interested in personal.private shore.diving, I can help.you with that.
Www.bonscuba.com

Yes, I've read that there are many restaurants to choose from. However, I am vegan, and don't want to spend hours looking up menus of different places to see if I'll be able to eat there. We wouldn't mind some dinners out, but also don't want to be driving around all the time, ya know?

I have stayed at the Plaza 4 times and loved each time. Their food was great and the house reef is awesome. That didn't stop us from eating out from time to time. Would I go back? Sure. Oh, hell yeah.

IMO, there really is nothing upscale on Bonaire except for Delphin's which is not really a dedicated dive resort.

If you really don't want to drive, Divi and Plaza are easy walking distance to town. I've stayed at both and marginally prefer Divi as it is less spread out.
Boat diving from any of these resorts is about the same but definitely not the sort of valet experience that you might get at some of the Clearly Cayman Resorts.

I would still not do AI on Bonaire as there are many excellent restaurants on island that can do vegetarian. Easy to find the menus on line.

If you want a real high quality AI experience with valet diving, no driving and good vegetarian food, I would recommend Little Cayman Reef Resort. We were there a month ago with vegan friends and the chef bent over backwards to keep them happy.

Buddy Dive, Captain Dons both have a breakfast inclusive and good restaurants within walking distance of each other. Their house reefs are both outstanding and I`ve never had any problems with their rentals (except for the battery being stolen out of one in the parking area once:mad:) Boat diving is pretty much the same at all resorts. You will love the diving no matter where you stay so enjoy!

Thanks guys, this info all helps!

Doctorfish, vegan is pretty different from vegetarian and much tougher usually to find in the Caribbean. Most vegetarian meals have eggs, cheese, or some sort of dairy product in them, which would make me quite sick (physically). Even many falafel places put egg in the falafel as a binder. It can be tricky.

Oh! And we've already enjoyed the diving in the Caymans including Bloody Bay Wall (CBBR and LCBR). I'm hoping for more topside activities this time :)

Got it and forgive my ignorance. My go to on Bonaire is Buddy Dive. Good location, house reef and dive op. Don't have any experience with vegan options on Bonaire but the rooms at Buddy Dive have kitchens if you need to do it yourself.

If you want a real high quality AI experience with valet diving, no driving and good vegetarian food, I would recommend Little Cayman Reef Resort. We were there a month ago with vegan friends and the chef bent over backwards to keep them happy.
I'm there right now and the food is beyond excellent. The wind is a bit much for me, with a healing broken leg, but others are going out. Very tiny island, but the flora and fauna are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom