All about putting stickers and decals on cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henrikdk:
Hi!

A while ago I "fell" onto a website that were selling tank stickers.

I just have had my steel tanks sandblasted and repainted, so now I want to add some fun. The stickers I saw was like the "Energizer" batteries, but I'm not able to find that company again.

Or should I just paint them with stars and stripes ;-)

Can anyone here help with some guidance? :scubadive

Rgds

Henrik

They are not actually stickers, but printed nylon that wraps around the tank, and is protected and secured by a large clear shrink wrap tube... you just put them on with a hair dryer... and you can remove them by cutting off the shrink wrap and not hurt the graphic. We just got a stack of them... don't have them on the page yet, but should later today.

These are exactly the ones I was looking for, thanks!

I'll take a look at your website later on.

Cheers,

Henrik

Sweet i love the mtn dew... and since i live on that stuff literally(all my friends or anyone that knows me will associate me with mtn dew) but the only problem i can see is how well can you rinse your tank with those on?
I like to really clean my gear after a dive including the tank(i know im wierd) :54:

Henrikdk:
Hi!

A while ago I "fell" onto a website that were selling tank stickers.

I just have had my steel tanks sandblasted and repainted, so now I want to add some fun. The stickers I saw was like the "Energizer" batteries, but I'm not able to find that company again.

Or should I just paint them with stars and stripes ;-)

Can anyone here help with some guidance? :scubadive

Rgds

Henrik

Why would you paint or put stickers on a steel tank? It's really not a great idea. And I'm not talking about taste (or the lack thereof)...

Since I also had my tanks galvanized outside, this won't be a problem.

Henrik

ummm we all put stickers on our tanks at least once every year, dont see anything wrong with adding some color. never understood the everything must be black and no color attitude in diving.
but as i did say before i like to really clean all my gear and this looks like it would make that quite hard unless you cut it off everytime which is not really practical..

if this was done somehow with a mesh like tank protecters, i would love the mtn diver(mtn dew look) that way you could remove for cleaning and replace.

But hey im wierd and like to be different, i never could run with the lemmings :54:

scubatoys:
They are not actually stickers, but printed nylon that wraps around the tank, and is protected and secured by a large clear shrink wrap tube... you just put them on with a hair dryer... and you can remove them by cutting off the shrink wrap and not hurt the graphic. We just got a stack of them... don't have them on the page yet, but should later today.

You know what this is new hear in Egypt. This is my first time to see this stickers, but they are nice I like them. Please if you find some. I can buy from you.

Finally got them posted... sorry for the delay... And they are not stickers... No adhesive at all. It's heavy duty polyethelyne which has the graphic printed on the inside of it, so it protects the graphic from scratches. And you simply put it on our tank, then slide on the shrink wrap tube and heat with a hair dryer. You can use a razor knive and cut the shrink wrap and remove any time without hurting the graphic. And the graphic doesn't wrap totally around the tank... leaves about a 3 inch space - for your vip sticker.

Graphic Tank Covers

this is all the sticker(s) I want on my tanks. sorry, those look stupid...just MHO.

Back
Top Bottom