All about putting stickers and decals on cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadawg

Contributor
Reaction score
On the topic of painting tanks , with the pro and cons of doing so, I have only one question to ask ....Can you use MACTAC (The vinyl covers, the kind your mother used to put in the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen) or the wood grain siding on the side of the Griswold mobile (National Lampoons Vacation) That stuff in those different decors , wouldnt it be cool to have a tank in a nice Walnut or Oak finish .

Just a thought, I am always Thinking

Later Folks

ScUbADdAwG :goofy:

Originally posted by Scubaddawg
On the topic of painting tanks , with the pro and cons of doing so, I have only one question to ask ....Can you use MACTAC (The vinyl covers, the kind your mother used to put in the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen) or the wood grain siding on the side of the Griswold mobile (National Lampoons Vacation) That stuff in those different decors , wouldnt it be cool to have a tank in a nice Walnut or Oak finish .

Just a thought, I am always Thinking

Later Folks

ScUbADdAwG :goofy:

That would be cool if you could wrap it so that it looked like it was lathed from a tree trunk. Kind of like Flintstone dive tanks!

I would imagine the plastic would last as stickers seem to hold up pretty well on tanks.

Send us picks of the first Oak Looking 80s hehehe

why bother?

stickers of ANY sort other than a VIP should, if possible, be avoided. do mine have some stickers I'd prefer to NOT have?
yup. But that was before I actually asked to NOT have the
stickers placed on the tanks.

why bother?

Well maybe cause he feels like it.
And unless there is a safety issue i dont see why not.:boom:

For a visual inspection to be correctly done, ALL stickers should be removed from the cylinder (with the exception of any stickers placed there by the manufacturer, like Aqualung used to do). This means that if you get a visual done and your cylinder comes back with any stickers that were in place before the inspection, you didn’t get what you paid for.

On the flip side, in the PSI class the instructors often talk about shops offering two different kinds of visual inspections. The $15 inspection and the $50 inspection. The difference? For the $15 inspection the customer removes all the stickers before handing the cylinder over to the shop for inspection, but for $50 the shop will remove the stickers for the customer. :)

Roak

I Was not really expecting someone to belive the idea was good , more as a joke (hahahaha). but i bet i would not be the first person to think about trying it. I know making a tank inspection is very important ,, (ok,ok, ok ,ok ,they will be Magnetic kinda like those signs people put on the side of thier cars so you can switch them from tank to tank,,or will the mess up my hoseless /air intergrated computer And my compass

Live and be Wet
Scubaddawg:jester:

Originally posted by Scubaddawg
(ok,ok, ok ,ok ,they will be Magnetic kinda like those signs people put on the side of thier cars so you can switch them from tank to tank
Magnetic? Good to hear that you're using the correct kind of cylinder! :)

Roak

I'm not sure if an obvious question has been answered here yet....but why would putting my own stickers on a tank make result in VIP difficulties?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom