All about putting stickers and decals on cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, everyone has an opinion and without them life would be tremendously boring.
Thankfully, not everyone has the same one.

TCooperWFI:
Hey, everyone has an opinion and without them life would be tremendously boring.
Thankfully, not everyone has the same one.

i agree with you 100% sir, i'm very glad people have different opinions because it would be WAY TO boring if we all liked the same thing.

myself, i like the stickers, but i have always liked things that are different.

steve

DivemasterSteve:
i agree with you 100% sir, i'm very glad people have different opinions because it would be WAY TO boring if we all liked the same thing.

myself, i like the stickers, but i have always liked things that are different.

steve

Steel or Aluminum?

what does it say in the backround on the absolute dive one?

I dont see any problems putting a small sticker on a tank, like someone already posted we put a VIP sticker on every year. I would just be nervous of trapped water in the full tank sticker because of the layers it requires. I have never used it so this is just my $.02 If anyone gets them I would be interested in knowing how they are.

Gerard

Keep in mind that these are not stickers... there is no adhesive. If they were stickers, they'd be a pain in the ass to remove. Instead they are just sheets of printed plastic that wraps around, then is shrink wrapped in place. If you do a decent job of shrink wrapping... which is easy - just hit it with the hair dryer... it won't trap any water. If it does... you'd be able to see it because it's clear shrink wrap over the plastic graphic.

I recently had to buy a tank at Ginnie Springs, FL, USA. They were out of rentals. No big deal, it's cool having my own tank I guess. I'm curious though about why I don't see a lot of other tanks with personalizing stickers like "I break for Hammerheads" or "Salt water makes me horny". Are there reasons for not plastering stickers all over your new tank? I can imagine that of course you don't want to cover any static test indicators or VIP certification labels. Any comments?

Thanks,
JC

James299:
I'm curious though about why I don't see a lot of other tanks with personalizing stickers like "I break for Hammerheads" or "Salt water makes me horny". Are there reasons for not plastering stickers all over your new tank?
JC

Too easy, must bite tongue. Too easy, must bite tongue...

Cylinders come in one color: Dull gray. As in the glorious sheen of a well used PST steel cylinder.

Anything else is just a tank.

With the exception of those dive-mag babe-wearing warm-water-weenie jelly bean Aluminum tanks. Those are simply eye candy that in my opinion are best left for wanna-be technicolor divers.

But what do I know.... Don't take anything I say too seriously.

Usually.

I hate tank stickers.

K

I don't have any stickers on the bumper of my car either. I think the reason is just that stickers are just plain tacky..unless they are on a 13 year old girl's school notebook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom