Aldora Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone! this is my first post on ScubaBoard (although i have been reading it for a few months now! I vistied cozumel a little over a month ago and i wanted to post something about Aldora Divers, one of the local dive operations there. After reading all the posts on here i decided to do some diving through Aldora. Every aspect of the diving was Top-Notch! There were only 4 people (plus the dive master) on our dives so it was very personal! The Dive master was very Knowledgeable and the diving was the best i had EVER done! I think what toped off my experience was that i left a pair of oakleys at the dive shop and they actually sent the sunglasses back to the U.S. with another customer and paid out of their own pocket to ship it to me! I would definitely recommend diving with them!:D

Lucky you. I couldn't even get them to provide a useful response to my questions. I took that as a sign of their customer service and moved on.

Welcome to SB!
nd

We had the same experience with Aldora. Good people; I would definitely dive with them again, if anybody could get me that close to the mainland and keep me out of the caves :D

Good to hear about your experience. I'll be in Coz for a week at the end of the year and am going to be using Aldora... I'll be booking a reservation as soon as I hear back from my dive buddy about some details. I really can't wait!

"Aldora is top notch"

I totally agree, having just returned last week from my second trip this year to dive with them. They are well organized, professional, and deliver great service to their customers. This was my second outing with them and I was not disappointed. On my first day to dive the port was closed due to heavy north winds, they transported me and five other divers to the east side of the island where we got to do two really nice dives from a boat they keep stationed there. Seen four spotted eaglerays and a carribean reef shark on those dives. I like that Aldora is not hesitant to take their dive boats to the extreme northern and southern sites when diving the west side. Having dove with three other operators during four priovious trips prior to finding Aldora, I had yet to dive Barracuda Reef, the Devil's Throat, or Maracaibo Reef. I have now experienced those dives with Aldora and I think I now have a new favorite dive in Coz, Maracaibo. If you get the opportunity to dive that site, take it. Due a couple of diver's that were using EAN32 that day, our planned max depth was 110 feet, this was deep enough to see the double arches prior to gradually ascending to the shallower sections where I saw a much greater concentration of soft coral than I have seen at any other reef on the east side. A Really nice dive. :D

Just booked my reservations for 5 days of diving with Aldora for me and 1 other person. Can't wait! Dec 30-Jan 3 :)

I have dove with Aldora for the last 8 years and have over 100 dives with them. I proposed to my wife at sunset on the the dock at Villa Aldora and was married at sunset on the Villa's beach one year later. To say we love it there would be an understatement!!! We will be back at the Villa for 10 days of diving in the spring. Little more money than other shops but I have always been happy diving with them. I think they are up to two boats on the east side (saftey) and four on the west. They will put you with divers of like experience levels. If plan you ahead and you are with a large group you can charter your own boat or if there is some non-divers you can do a private snorkel/dive charter for a day. Just give them your requests (sooner the better) and they will do their best to make it happen. Have fun!
Joe

Last edited:
Does Aldora require snorkels? Just need to know if I need to start looking for mine! :wink:

I probably should look for it anyway, so I can do some... you know... snorkeling!

While I carry a pocket snorkel, I have never been asked by Aldora or any operator in Cozumel whether I had a snorkel or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom