Aladin Prime Replaced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEKanak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
At the end of March, I went diving in Cozumel with my 18 month old Aladin Prime. While there, I couldn't get the dives to download. But it was a new laptop, so I figured I try back home.

Once home, I tried again. I used three separate computers and every possible combination of settings to no avail. I probably spent 8 hours. I read this board and others and noted that the Aladin IR port had well reported failures.

I called my LDS. First, he told me I probably hadn't aligned it right or had the settings wrong. Better yet, I should buy the Uwatec IR dongle. Ultimately, he agreed to send it in for repair.

Two weeks later, he called. Uwatec has replaced my Aladin because of the faulty IR port. Pretty good customer service from Uwatec.

I just checked it out. It has a new feature. I can now set the ppO2 limit. The first computer was fixed at 1.4pp. I checked on-line. It says the new Prime also allows one to set the safety stop duration, but my replacement doesn't seem to have this option.

Anyway, I'm pleased with Uwatec's response.

Back
Top Bottom