Aladin Air console questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4609franklin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone encountered an "ERR" message on their Aladin Air console screen? I've searched the operating manual for an answer, but no luck. Suggestions anyone?????

When I try to manually activate the computer display by touching (moistened fingers) contact B and any of the other contacts, no luck. Could this signify a battery replacement (LR07) required? Is so, has anyone replaced the battery (battery price & availability)themselves or must I return the unit to ScubaPro/Uwatec?

I've e-mail them a month ago but no response from them. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Raymond

I had it happen on a dive in the 130' range, good time for a backup....It more than likely is a battery thing. Mine said it was at 70% and at the time I had a transmitter who's battery went dead. I was able to exchange the transmitter and I asked about the battery in the wrist unit and was told they don't touch it till it is at 0 or says ERR. Shortly after it went to ERR. Take it your local SP dealer and have them send it in, it should be a free battery change with a possible shipping charge to SP.

Good Luck

Has anyone encountered an "ERR" message on their Aladin Air console screen? I've searched the operating manual for an answer, but no luck. Suggestions anyone?????

When I try to manually activate the computer display by touching (moistened fingers) contact B and any of the other contacts, no luck. Could this signify a battery replacement (LR07) required? Is so, has anyone replaced the battery (battery price & availability)themselves or must I return the unit to ScubaPro/Uwatec?

I've e-mail them a month ago but no response from them. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Raymond

Hi, Raymond! You're screwed! :D

Sorry - as the proud owner of two Aladdins that did that . .. 1st, if you are on the 1st battery, they tend to fail completely. This is acutally a good thing - it either works 100%, or it does not. No wondering if "is this right?"

So, if you have the purchase receipts, send copies and request service and battery under battery-for-life through a ScubaPro dealer. It'll cost about $75 for the service. If you haven't registered it at Scubapro.com, I'd suggest you do that!

Now, if it 'broke', they'll fix it. If it is just a battery and you bought it from an auth dealer, they'll replace it under batt-for-life.

I had the exact same issue with two wrist-mounted versions. The first got serviced and a new battery. The second got serviced, left the facility, and arrived at the LDS with "ERR". Heeee . . . a superquick turn-around and they re-fixed it. Yay, no extra cost.

However, ScubaPro doesn't have the staff to deal with individuals, so take it or mail it to a ScubaPro dealer. That is just the way it is, so please don't 'launch' on them. If it is warranty, they will take care of you. if not, their prices are reasonable.

PS - if you did not buy through a ScubaPro / Uwatec dealer, you will have to pay for the battery.

PPS:

Cost of service $75
Cost of shipping $10
Cost of shipping back to me $12

If other parts are needed, it will go up.

If you have a really good dive shop, they won't ask any questions about the origin of purchase and won't charge a thing. I've gone to a shop in Florida who with no questions asked, exchanged a $300 transmitter for a brand new one. There are a few LDS who aren't into the WAR of on-line shoppers vs. the LDS.

Cost me a hundred bucks to get the battery changed in California and returned to me in Florida...You have to decide if its worth it to ya. !!

My golden retriever chewed up one of my Aladin Air Z O2's. Destroyed the face, screen protector (screen was ok), back panel, both hinges, and the strap. The battery was also at 66%. I sent it in through my LDS whom I did not buy the item from and was charged $46 for all new parts and labor to install plus an additional $8 or $9 for shipping. Looks like a brand new unit and they replaced the batteries in the unit and transmitter.

If you have a really good dive shop, they won't ask any questions about the origin of purchase and won't charge a thing. I've gone to a shop in Florida who with no questions asked, exchanged a $300 transmitter for a brand new one. There are a few LDS who aren't into the WAR of on-line shoppers vs. the LDS.

Not true for Uwatec. When I registered mine, they acknowledged it was in their database and sent me "Battery for Life" registration. When we registered my husband's, they said it was not in their data base and would not cover it for life. That was okay as we bought it from an estate sale.

My golden retriever chewed up one of my Aladin Air Z O2's. Destroyed the face, screen protector (screen was ok), back panel, both hinges, and the strap. The battery was also at 66%. I sent it in through my LDS whom I did not buy the item from and was charged $46 for all new parts and labor to install plus an additional $8 or $9 for shipping. Looks like a brand new unit and they replaced the batteries in the unit and transmitter.

I have found ScubaPro / Uwatec to be most excellent. Some people whine about the cost, and the fact you have to go through a dealer. It is what it is.

I'm surprised they did not offer you an upgrade for your Air Z. That whole Air series did not do well due to leakage after battery replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom