Alabama & Tennessee here I come ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RocketMan:
Was that a double-dog dare I heard?
Not to dive - but I'll triple dog dare you to stick your tongue on a flag pole tomorrow.
Luke
For those of you wondering what the heck we're talking about you should watch the A Christmas Story when it shows next week on TBS.

ScubaLuke:
Not to dive - but I'll triple dog dare you to stick your tongue on a flag pole tomorrow.
Luke
For those of you wondering what the heck we're talking about you should watch the A Christmas Story when it shows next week on TBS.

That was a total breach of protocol etiquette, skipping the triple-dare (& the double-dog dare) and going straight to the triple-dog-dare. [from Christmas Story also...]

It's 4pm.... We haven't seen Rocketman's shivering fingers mis-typing
any trip report... I wonder if he made it?

mike_s:
It's 4pm.... We haven't seen Rocketman's shivering fingers mis-typing any trip report... I wonder if he made it?
I haven't seen any news reports of a shivering wetsuit clad man breaking into a Starbucks and immersing himself in hot cappuccino so I assume he made it OK.

Luke

Well I hooked up with Tim this morning at around 0900. Jim Strong also joined us and we did two dives....that's right TWO. Tim and Jim were dry while I was wet. I wore a Tilos 1 mm, a hooded vest (borrowed from Jim), a Henderson 5mm, and another 3 mm hood. I wore some new 3mm Insta-Dry gloves and they were great. Now for the dives;
Dive One:
Max Depth: 73'
Average Depth: 36'
Water Temp : 58F
Air Temp : 48F
Dive Time : 30 min

Surface interval was 1 hour 42 min.

Dive TWO:
Max Depth: 66'
Average Depth: 29'
Water Temp : 58F
Air Temp : 48F
Dive Time : 32 min

The coldest part was during the surface interval. While Tim and Jim seemed warm, I was shivering. I pulled my wetsuit top off and put on a sweat shirt and a sweater. I warmed up some in the shop. I wonder why the folks there were laughing when I came in?

Watching Tim and Jim, both more experienced divers, I could see I have a lot to learn.
Anyway it was fun and it was great to met Tim. I hope to meet him again some day...in warmer water I hope.

P.S. So Luke, Ding Howe next week or after Christmas

RocketMan:
P.S. So Luke, Ding Howe next week or after Christmas
You've earned it, Dude! I'll PM you.
Luke

Hey RocketMan - That was a lot of fun diving with you guys yesterday :) Definitely cooler water than I'm used to, but it was fun seeing those catfish just hanging around under the platform. Let your wife know that you've earned that Maui vacation now :wink:

I too hope to dive with you again ... Probably Maui, but I gotta say that there is something to be said for this Alabama Diving... such friendly folk too.

Aloha, and no more diving for me for the next 2 weeks :( but next dive will be back on Maui with a lot less in the way of undergarments...

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom