Alabama & Tennessee here I come ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I made it over :) and this is some wonderful weather ... I don't even need the Air conditioner on ... Though Chicago was a bit chilly when I had to walk across the tarmac in my short sleeved shirt and it was 7* ... brrr But this Alabama weather is really pleasant, it's been t-shirt weather so far (except that I had to wear that suit coat to Church... lol) So how is the 17th looking for everyone?

If anyone happens to be near Trussville I'm speaking at Trussville Baptist Church tonight - you're welcome to come by so we can meet - I'm doing a dramatic presentation on the life and times of St. Nicholas.

Aloha, and looking forward to meeting some of you later in this trip

Tim

Tim,

Welcome to Alabama. I'm still on for the 17th, even though the naysayers are giving me a hard time for diving wet. I may have lined up a few other drysuiters. Blue water opens at 0900. What time works for you? I can be there at 0900 or later.

Harry

I'm free all day Saturday... though I shouldn't be out too late as I need to get ready for Sunday morning...

Brrr. I've done Blue Water in December before and I'd definitely recommend a drysuit. I believe Wayne has some rental ones there but you'd want to check with him directly to make sure. Have fun!

kidspot:
I'm free all day Saturday... though I shouldn't be out too late as I need to get ready for Sunday morning...

Tim,

It's about 1 1/2 hours from Oxford to Blue Water.

See you there

Thanks ScubaLuke ... very good reading, and I learned a few things that I was not taught in my First Aid class.

RocketMan - Should I pack hot water bottles for this trip? :wink:

Aloha, Tim

ScubaLuke:

Luke, thanks for caring. It is nice to know that "people who fall critically unconscious in very cold water can, in rare cases, be resuscitated". Of course we all know that it's just mind over matter. If you got no mind it don't matter.

So Tim how's your CPR capability. I'll bring my jumper cables for use as a defibrillator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom