Alabama Point Jetties Night Dive Report 11-10-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Quick report, I'm tired.

Got in the water by 7PM with air temps around 65-70ºF. Water temps in the mid 70sºF. Visibility was 3-5' while we were in 4-7' of water, vis increased to 5-7' in 5-10' of water as long as we stay to the outside of the jetties themselves, but decreased to 3-4"(yes, inches) as we got deeper - maxing out at 15' before turning the dive back to shallower waters. Saw lots of smaller fish, pinfish, spades, puffers, glass-sides, skates, shrimp, even a little baracuda, but no flounder :( . The entire dive had lots of particle in the water. Dive lasted ~45min.

Had fun, made us appreciate the clearer days.

Surface temperatures were 55-60ºF on the walk back to the car(supposed to get into the 40s tonight).

Went to Hooters and grabbed some 3 Mile wings and some cold beer.

Sorry about the flounder and viz. Good to get wet though!

The wings and cold beer sound most appetizing.

SeaYoda:
Sorry about the flounder and viz. Good to get wet though!

Not only wet, but salty too! :D

Tom Smedley:
The wings and cold beer sound most appetizing.

Hit the spot :14:

philmottrek99and02:
I hope conditions are better on Saturday. I'll meet you at the Dapne exit around 10 am.

Surf isn't supposed to get big before we dive, but we'll be in a mild neaptide, so not alotta clear water moving in. I dunno, we'll see :)

The Whiskey Wreck is affected less by the tides and will probably have better visibility - if the jetties are crap - we can always just call the dive and head there. It might be worth doing our 2nd dive there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom