Alabama lake diving? Wedowee, Smith, Martin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friday I'm free, this weekend is kind of iffy. I should know tomorrow.

I might be able to Sunday? Where are we talking about diving?

i'm in selma now. i go to cullman alot. we have 2 places on smith lake (in the family) could go to either for a shore dive. i personally have never "dove" the lake. growing up just used a mask and went as deep as i could go. i'd like to get in a few "easy" dives. i haven't been since i stopped working at the NBL. so, when it warms up a bit, i'm ready to go wherever...

I'm doing a Normoxic class this weekend. I'm working at Auburn on Tuesday. Wednesday morning would be real good for me. Or most any day with a few days notice. I'll dive Smith Lake too. When ever anyones ready just post up.

I might be able to Sunday? Where are we talking about diving?

I was thinking this weekend at Lake Martin, back when my cold was just about wrapped up. It's actually gotten worse since I revived this thread a few days ago so as of now it would probably be a waste of my time to try to dive. However when I get healthier I definitely want to check out Lake Martin.

I'm doing a Normoxic class this weekend. I'm working at Auburn on Tuesday. Wednesday morning would be real good for me. Or most any day with a few days notice. I'll dive Smith Lake too. When ever anyones ready just post up.

Ok, cool. With my class schedule right now I'm probably no good for week diving but that may change this summer.

My wife is going out of town tomorrow so i had better stay at home Sunday...Maybe is the next few weekends we can hit up Martin.

I'm definitely interested ...

Any one been diving the lakes recently?

Anyone up for it?

Looking to get in the water again, but droppin the extra $20 for entrance to look at the bus again just dont sound that great. I got a 24 foot pontoon with tank rack ready to go. I need to get a couple visual inspections done and I'll have 5 tanks ready to go.

Who wants to get some air fills and hit the water in the next few weeks?

Got the pontoon running last weekend, need to put it to use. I'm off every other weekend and some during the week. Not sure if any of the rivers/lakes are worth diving right now because of viz? Maybe anyone close to any of them can chime in.

Also been looking for abandoned quarries to dive, found a few but still reseaching trying to find owners to get permission. Found out the hard way a year or so ago that not all are agreeable to swimmers/divers. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom