Alabama lake diving? Wedowee, Smith, Martin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yeah !!! Keep an eye on this thread ...We will be going again soon.....Sorry Bnow0707 I didnt check the thread the night before....we will dive again !!!

I got a buddy who is a Dr in Montgomery and we are going to plan a trip to go swimmin soon. Of course he will probably want some warmer waters. I live in Florida so its a 2.5 - 3 hr drive up for me. I have 5 Al80s, 4 are Nitrox ready. What are the Maximum depths in the lake? Are there any filling stations nearby? Can I hollar WAR EAGLE whenever I want!

Just looking for some kewl diving, he mentioned an Airplane to dive. I see you all mention the old bridge, some of the old town, and the old river bed. Im interested in the river bed, Im an artifact nut too. If any one wants to look for artifacts im in for that too. In Alabama we can all day long without watching over our backs. Its LEGAL!

Anyone looking for a swin just email me and Ill keep you on my Dive buddy list! Im guessing after Late April beginning. You all know Turkey Season and kids birthdays kill weekends! LOL Im up for during the week dives too. Dang I just wanna swim! I got some warm swimmin clothes.

Steve Holloway
steveholloway@bellsouth.net

Hey Steve, I am always up for diving and artifact hunting (above and below water). My whole family dives and we dive somewhere every month, no matter the conditions. we have talked about doing our January dives in Lake Martin at the old town (Irma). It will be cold and we all dive wet and we have dove the site in December before, so it is doable....

I would love to join anyone diving at Lake Martin. Please post if your diving Lake Martin, weekdays or weekends.

Whats the Temp? Max Depths? Yall dive Air or Nitrox? I have a 5mm farmer john and a 3mm full, 6mm hood, but do you think this is enuff to ever find my nuts again! LOL

I went to AU a long time ago and had a friend who had a place on the lake... but gosh that was back when.. LOL I remember it clear and good viz in the summer.

Temp is going to be in the low 50s. I will be on nitrox and air. Depths at irma with the water down is in the 40' to 50' range. your suits should be enough. I will be in a 7mm suit.

We need a boat to get to Irma, if we cant get one we can always dive the bridge rubble it is a shore dive and always interesting.

Let me check with Ryan and see if he can go, I believe he has a boat, if nothing else he can watch bubbles! HAAA .....

Im in town everyother week, and Monday I leave for a week so you can look at the calendar and kinda see a pattern, My Mom has cancer treatment on the 28th Jan so I cant do anything that week. What Mix you normally get for 50 -60 foot? Make sure you have at least a 90 foot ... Didnt I read some spots are deep? Maybe not in the town but If I dont get cold can you dive two days?

I may be able to dive 2 days....wife??? I would normaly just dive air but I got a new steel 120 that i want to try out and it has nitrox in it.. I dont think that we would ever hit the 70' mark at irma( but i would get nitrox for 90' to be safe) and would only hit 40 on the bridge. Right now the water is supposed to be down, but with all this rain, I dont know.If it is down the depths wont even be that deep. they usually drop the water about 12' to 15'. I have a couple of friends here that also want to dive Irma so that means ( I think we are going to need a bigger boat..Jaws). I also have a friend with a huge house boat that we dove Irma from last year. I will ask him if he wants to join.

I may be up for a dive or two one of these weekends. Been meaning to check out Lake Martin for a while.

War Eagle!

Back
Top Bottom