Alabama Blue Water Adventures is now DIVE ALABAMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebelrph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Alabama Blue Water Adventures is now DIVE ALABAMA

I may be behind times, but I didn’t know ABWA had been bought out and the new owners took over Feb 1, 2011. A buddy and I went yesterday for some training dives and met the new crew. I was last there in May 2009.

Everything is the same, including the new building still under construction. The plan is to have it finished for Spring 2012. They received a quote for finishing the project and have obtained funding to do so. To me it looks like, if everything goes perfectly, it could be finished well before then, but that’s their time-line.

Water temp at 40 feet was 58 degrees and at 70ft was 53 degrees. This reminded me why I haven’t been since 2009 ! Cozumel is more my speed.

Viz at 40 feet was about 12-15 feet and 20-25 at 70 feet. It was a bit overcast so that decreased it somewhat.

Their web site is under construction but some information is available at www.divealabama.com ( hours of operations, pricing, directions, photos, etc. )

For those not familiar it’s located in Pelham, AL, just outside Birmingham. It’s a 3 hour drive from my house in northern Mississippi, but is still the closest place with any visibility at all to do training dives. They have a great set-up for training with several platforms at 15 and 20 feet, air fills, shaded picnic tables and the new building will have a really nice dive shop, class room area, and I think the snack bar is still in the plan, but I’m not sure about that.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom