AL Micra ADJ Price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xSandman3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am beginning my OW class next month, and am planning to have all my own gear before I'm done. After talking to many LDS employees, as well as your thoughts here, I am pretty sure I want to buy the AL Micra ADJ. I have been price shopping everywhere (there's an LDS about every three feet or so where I live), and the best deal I can find is the store where I am taking the class. They want $320, and I get another 10% off of that for being a student, so @$288. Is this an ok deal, or is there something else I should consider? I like the fact that AL seems to be very easy to have serviced since all the LDS around here are dealers.

Thanks for your help!

A lot of folks that buy early in their diving "career" wish they'd have waited a bit.
There is a lot to be said about the "try before you buy" addage. It's good to sample a wide range of available choices so you'll have something to compare to.
Check the online prices; you want to do business with a shop that can at least match them.

Not sure what part of California you are in, but there is a sports store(SC initials) that has them on sale several time a year. I bought mine last summer for $189, and then got another 10% off with a divers coupon and a $50 gift certificate for spending over $100 in the store on scuba stuff. So after all the discount it eas $160 + tax. Then went back the next day and got the octo and paid $20 with the certificate.

Chris

xsandman... I too wanted the Micra ADJ when I first started out. I actually don't see anything bad about it... but I decided to wait...and wait...and wait. I rented a lot of regs... I borrowed a few, even an ADJ.

My comments on the ADJ... it breathes pretty well. BUT, the lack of a larger exhaust tee really gets annoying sometimes when all you see are bubbles. Unless you're always facing down, or swimming against a current... the bubbles do get in your face more than most regs.

Other than that, it seemed pretty ok. Although the cheaper Aqua Lung Conshelf performs just as good as the ADJ.

FYI, I currently use an Apeks ATX100 Stage 3 reg set. Cost double of the ADJ, but well worth it. You can go for the cheaper ATX50 or ATX40... and I think you'll be happier with it than the ADJ.

***Unless of course you're really after the size and look of the ADJ, then go ahead and buy it. It is the best 'small' reg I've tried so far. Genesis also makes one, and Mares' Proton is quite small as well.

Back
Top Bottom