AL 40's other than Yellow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richeod

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good source of Aluminum 40's in Black or Clear? I want them for Deco/Stage use and I just can't see having a bunch of yellow tanks under my arm. You know rule #6 and all, always look cool underwater.

Thanks

just strip the paint off, any marine supply will have aluminum stripper

I got mine thru diversdiscount. But i live within walking distance of the showroom / offices so i didnt pay for shipping.

They can get you one if you want one

Andy

Although they were sold out of the black last time we ordered so I ended up with a yellow...

Will call them in the morning to check but both Divers Discount and Divers Direct websites only list yellow. I would rather not strip a brand new tank either. Any other sugesstions?

You could try getting a group order together and have the shop order clear or black that way.
Eric

Pardon my curiosity, but why would you want black tanks? Wouldn't they be more susceptible to overheating onboard, and harder to see in low-light levels when dropped?

metridium once bubbled...
Pardon my curiosity, but why would you want black tanks? Wouldn't they be more susceptible to overheating onboard, and harder to see in low-light levels when dropped?
Rule #6...trymixdiver option 1'd me when he saw my yellow deco bottle.. ;-0

Okay, I'm clear on Rules 1 and 6....but what are Rules 2-5?

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom